News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi1062 and dissappearing speed dials

Started by MatthewF, December 11, 2017, 11:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthewF

There's a nice feature of the obi1062: if a line key is set as a speed dial you can push the button and assign the speed dial right on the phone (vs going to obitalk). But I can't find anyway to do that where the speed dial "sticks". Every time I change some setting on obitalk for the phone, any speed dials I selected on the phone get wiped out. For me anyway, that pretty much defeats the purpose of ever using the phone to setup a speed dial. Has anyone found a way for the phone to remember them through a setting update?

I like having the common numbers I dial in the phone book--which is only accessible through the phone and on speed dial. It seems so handy that you can set a speed dial from the phone from the phone book.

I don't really mind doing double work (first putting the info in the phone book for a frequent contact and then going to obitalk and putting it in there again as a speed dial) but it feels like maybe there is something I am missing.

If you have suggestions on how to use the phone to program speed dial straight from the phone book without it getting wiped out on each update, let me know. Thanks!

drgeoff

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109 applies.

If you want to configure locally, you need to turn off Obitalk provisioning.

MatthewF

I think there is something (maybe more than one thing) I am fundamentally misunderstanding.

A) I went to the ip address of my obi1062, logged in as admin,  System Management->Auto provisioning set to Disabled. Hit submit.
B) set a speed dial using the phone's process I noted above (push blank speed dial then added from phone book)
C) Went to obitalk.com. Checked the autoprovisioning setting there and it reflected disabled just like I set it on the phone in step A.
D) Update a setting for one of the other button settings and hit submit
Shortly after that my phone restarted the update I made in D showed up on my phone but my change in B was gone--which is just the same behavior as I saw before I set autoprovisioning to disabled. 

I am not even sure what was supposed to happen when I disabled autoprovisioning.

drgeoff

Sounds like you are disabling "ITSP Provisioning".  You need to disable "Obitalk Provisioning".  That setting only appears on the local management interface, not on the portal.

When you disable Obitalk Provisioning you will need to make ALL config changes locally.  Anything you do on the portal will NOT be loaded to the device.