News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Soft Phone Setup Problem on web portal

Started by JohnGee, December 08, 2017, 11:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnGee

I cannot set the soft phone option of which ATA should be used.
I see messages that Obi100 and Obi110 have reach EndofLife.
I do have an OBI200 and a OBI202 registered and want to use one of those.

However, as soon as I click on the drop-down to choose one of my existing OBIs,  the web portal immediately redirects and opens an Amazon page where I should buy a new 200 or 202.  >:(

I can briefly see the one I want  in the drop-down, but cannot select it as I am already at the Amazon page. Canx and come back and the same happens.

Sum Ting Wong.

drgeoff

Unclear what you are trying to do.  The softphone number that you see on your Dashboard at obitalk.com has nothing to do with configuring an OBi200 or Obi202 to work with a Service Provider.

JohnGee

There is a Drop-Down on the form for configuring the in-built Soft Phone.

The drop down redirects to Amazon.com after very briefly showing the OBi devices I have registered.

I will try attaching the image showing the problem...

drgeoff

OK, I understand and see the same behaviour of going to the Amazon site.  However I am able to select which device I want to use as the gateway.  The following works for me using Chrome browser on Windows 10.

Move the cursor to that drop down but instead of clicking, press and hold down the left mouse button. That will bring up the list of available OBis.  While still holding down, move the pointer to the desired OBi.  Release the mouse button without moving the pointer.  Then click it.  The Amazon site is loaded.  Click the back button of the browser to return to the OBi paqe and click the blue Save button.

JohnGee

Quote from: drgeoff on December 14, 2017, 05:37:15 PM

Move the cursor to that drop down but instead of clicking, press and hold down the left mouse button.

Many thanks, that works here  :)