News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Email Recovery?

Started by JackQuake, December 14, 2017, 06:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackQuake

We have an unfortunate situation that I hope someone can assist with.  We have an Obitalk 100 device that finally stopped working a few days ago.  We have ordered a new Obitalk 200 device that should arrive today, so in that regard, we should be ok on that front.

The issue is this...  We forgotten the email account used to login to Obitalk.  Probably the last time we used it was 5 or so years ago.  The same email was used for the Google Voice account as well.  We have had this number for years and would prefer for it not to change.  Is there any way to recover this account and transition our old number over to the new Obitalk 200 device?

Is this something that Obi support can help with?

Kind Regards and Thank You in Advance,
JQ

ProfTech

Well, to start with were you using google voice with your Obi 110 or a sip account? It sounds like you were using Google Voice from your post. If you were using Google Voice I would start with Google. They may have a way for you to recover but I'm not sure. I don't see any way to get it from the Obitalk site.

Taoman

Quote from: JackQuake on December 14, 2017, 06:20:16 AM

The issue is this...  We forgotten the email account used to login to Obitalk.  Probably the last time we used it was 5 or so years ago.  The same email was used for the Google Voice account as well.  We have had this number for years and would prefer for it not to change.  Is there any way to recover this account and transition our old number over to the new Obitalk 200 device?

Login to the local OBi web interface using the local ip address. Dial ***1 from your Obi connected phone to get the ip address. The default username and password is admin.

Once logged in, navigate to the following location:
Voice Services-->SP1 Service-->SIP Credentials-->AuthUserName

That field should list the email address used to setup your Google Voice account.

JackQuake

Thank you for your response.  It is Google Voice indeed.  Google allows you to submit your GV phone number and they will send an email to that email account, which is all they would do.  Unfortunately, that doesn't tell us what email account was used.

JackQuake

@Taoman, thank you--we'll give it a shot!

JackQuake

Taoman!!!  That worked PERFECTLY.  Thank you soooooooooo much!
;D