News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Started Working Again. Anyone Else?

Started by jama, December 19, 2017, 10:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deluxman

My Obi110 is also works again, however it can only do outgoing calls but not able to receive calls. Anyone has the same issue? Do you have to change the DNS Server 1 & 2 or leave it as is?

SteveInWA

Quote from: deluxman on December 22, 2017, 10:35:05 AM
My Obi110 is also works again, however it can only do outgoing calls but not able to receive calls. Anyone has the same issue? Do you have to change the DNS Server 1 & 2 or leave it as is?

Did you not read my post, right above yours?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13360.msg86119#msg86119

jama

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 21, 2017, 10:41:27 AM
As I have posted elsewhere, here is what is happening:

Google has a very large number of XMPP servers spread across many US data centers for load balancing, and to connect users to the closest working server.  It is taking them a long time to update the servers.  There is currently a year-end change freeze in place, so no updates are being done.  It is entirely possible that one or more servers were previously taken offline for hardware failures, repaired, restored with an older image, and put back online.

It really, truly is pointless to look at this as any sort of death-row-sentence reprieve, or to speculate on whether or not you will be able to continue to use the 100/110 products directly with Google Voice.  The devices will stop working eventually.

I am not guessing or speculating on this.  It is based on my conversation with a Google Voice software engineer yesterday.

Thanks for the detailed response! Was hoping for some sort of reprieve, but this makes sense...

utsc

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 21, 2017, 10:41:27 AM
As I have posted elsewhere, here is what is happening:

Google has a very large number of XMPP servers spread across many US data centers for load balancing, and to connect users to the closest working server.  It is taking them a long time to update the servers.  There is currently a year-end change freeze in place, so no updates are being done.  It is entirely possible that one or more servers were previously taken offline for hardware failures, repaired, restored with an older image, and put back online.

It really, truly is pointless to look at this as any sort of death-row-sentence reprieve, or to speculate on whether or not you will be able to continue to use the 100/110 products directly with Google Voice.  The devices will stop working eventually.

I am not guessing or speculating on this.  It is based on my conversation with a Google Voice software engineer yesterday.

Guys  I would like to help summarize what OP says trying to say.

Guys don't wait just rush in and order the new Obihai devices especially the OBi 200/202 devices which is likely to be made EOL very soon as they have been in service for around 5 years. 

Google Software Engineer is likely to be a OBi Sales Manager or Owner

I don't know how long my post will last here before it gets deleted so enjoy!

Google Voice is back online and working for the vast majority of OBi 100/100 users 
Google has decided that this money grab by OBi is not acceptable and Google does not want Obi to Leach off their services and have implemented a workaround to help their valued users.

cranky429

Guess I will just enjoy it while it lasts! Just noticed today it was working. Not really a real necessity at my house anymore, just a little more convenient than always using my cell phone.

cranky429