News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My Obi110 started working again Dec. 19, 2017

Started by Barker, December 19, 2017, 03:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barker

Just a few days ago I ordered an Obi200 during the sale at Newegg.  It hasn't arrived yet and my old Obi100 is still connected.  Imagine my surprise when the phone rang today.

I can now make and receive calls with the Obi110 with no problems.

Was the "sunsetting" of the old Obi line just a shakedown to get us to buy the new Obi200 line?

billsimon

Here we go...

I expect I'll be included on this money-making conspiracy somehow, too.

drgeoff

Barker

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.  This is my first post on this forum and I only read it once in a very blue moon, when my Obi stops working.  Which it did about three or four weeks ago.  I came here and found out my Obi was not being supported anymore and waited for the sale and bought the new one.

I don't know who you are billsimon and if you have been accused of conspiracies!  That was not my intent, just shocked that my Obi started to work again and this was the only place I know to talk about it where anyone might care.  When I tell my friends I have been getting free phone calls for many years with Google Voice and an Obi they cross their eyes and change the subject!

SteveInWA

Was the "sunsetting" of the old Obi line just a shakedown to get us to buy the new Obi200 line?

We're simply responding to that statement, as BS.  Nobody is scamming anyone over this.  I'm glad you got your new device to work; don't expect the old one to work forever.

Barker

Nice welcome to a newbie.  Won't bother posting here again.  Bunch of hyenas.

billsimon

Sorry to be rude to you. It's bad timing. There are a number of others who have come around here before you, complaining until they turned blue and insisting that Obihai has done them wrong, that it's a big scheme to sell Obi 200s, and whatnot. And folks here who understand that technology does have a life span, and companies do have to move on, etc., have started to get weary of it.

As for me, I offer a vendor-agnostic Google Voice to SIP gateway service that gets EOL Obi devices and any other SIP device connected to Google Voice. I'm not part of any scheme. I've been offering the service for years.

Revived

My phone (using the 110) rang this evening for the first time as well in over a week. And I too had just purchased the 200 on Newegg for $32ish. I'm just thankful it's still working and will save the 200 as a backup.

SteveInWA

Cross-posting this, because there is so much mis-infomation in multiple threads on this topic:

Here is what is going on:

There are a very large number of Google XMPP servers, spread around multiple data centers across the US.  The certificates are still being updated.  I expect that this death-march will continue for quite some time.

Again:  no conspiracy, no lies, no deceptive tactics or tricks to get people to upgrade.  It's just a really big deal to roll out server changes that could impact millions of users if something went wrong.

Your OBi 100/110 products will stop working with Google Voice.  It's just a matter of time.

jimq51

Just ordered my OBI200 the other day and got it yesterday. What do you know my OBI110 also is now working again. LOL
Oh well the phone is at my vacation home 800 miles away so will swap them out anyways when I head back north in April to open house back up.

SteveInWA

It's not going to keep working.