News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No incoming Google Voice calls

Started by rschofield, December 21, 2017, 03:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rschofield

While I was waiting for Google Voice to port my old phone number, I tested my OBi200 with the temporary number Google had assigned.  Everything work fine.

After the porting completed, I tried calling the ported number and it was directed to my cell phone and not the OBi.

I have tried deleting the Google Voice entry in my OBiTalk account and recreating it but calls still go to my cell phone and not my OBi.

My Google Voice preferences have three forwarding entries -- Google Chat, my home phone, and my cell phone -- all unchecked.  I want calls to this number to go directly to my OBi and to the phone attached.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

drgeoff

Quote from: rschofield on December 21, 2017, 03:01:34 PM
My Google Voice preferences have three forwarding entries -- Google Chat, my home phone, and my cell phone -- all unchecked.  I want calls to this number to go directly to my OBi and to the phone attached.
Hint.  Your OBi acts as Google Chat client.

rschofield

Thanks.  I had no idea that the OBi used Google Chat as its connection to my Google Voice account.

So...  I enabled Google Chat for my voice account but still no incoming calls on the OBi.  I even deleted Google Voice from OBiTalk SP1 and re-established it.

SKarra

Did you figure this out?  I have the same issue - no incoming calls.  I can make outgoing calls ok on the handset I have attached to OBI, but incoming does not ring at all.

Thanks

SKarra

Figured it out ... had to enable Google Chat.  I did it thru the older interface as I could not find the setting in the new interface.

rschofield

My problem was two-fold.

I enabled Google Chat but that didn't completely solve the problem.

On a suggestion from Obi Support, I replaced the antique Trimline phone that I had attached to my Obi200 and that solved the problem.