News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to Restore AA User Prompts from Backup

Started by fire_ant, December 22, 2017, 10:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fire_ant

Device: OBi100  SW Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2886)

Using the Web interface (System Management > Device Update), I am able to "Backup AA User Prompts" to a file called backupaa.dat
When I select this file in "Restore Configuration" and then "Press Restore to Start Process" (and then press "OK" in the window that pops up), I get a "Configuration Restore Failed" message with a note that says "Configuration not Modified. Please Choose Correct File"

Is this a bug in version 2886 of the firmware? I was able to restore AA User Prompts in earlier versions of the firmware. I can still modify the AA User Prompts using the IVR menu. I even tried resetting the device (using the reset button on the bottom of the unit) but I get the same error message when I try to restore AA User Prompts from Backup.  Any ideas?

thanks

delta.kilo

You may have sussed this out by now but if Obi100 is same as with Obi110 unit, the AA prompts are actually restored using the Firmware update and not Config restore. Weird and had me baffled too until reading the manual :)

fire_ant

Thanks delta.kilo

From the OBI Device Admin. Guide: "To restore an AA prompt file onto an OBi, do it exactly like a firmware upgrade via the web browser but provide the device with the prompt file instead of a firmware file."

I had read that a couple times recently, but it never quite registered ... I kept trying to use the "Restore Configuration" field. It is not really logical to use the "Firmware Update" field.

When I had restored prompts a couple years ago with an earlier version of the firmware, I must have been paying closer attention ... anyway, thanks for responding.