News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice not working with new OBI200

Started by bgswis, December 26, 2017, 04:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgswis

Echo test works on my new obi200.  Left and middle lights are solid green (power and internet).  Right light (phone) is off, nothing showing.  I followed steps on your web site to connect my google voice.  After configuration it says "offline" instead of "connected".  What is wrong?  Thanks for any help.

drgeoff

As you didn't say which steps you followed it is difficult to say what is wrong.

Try these. https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13392.msg86178#msg86178

bgswis

I followed these steps:
https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/GV-and-the-OBi/google-voice-number

I didn't understand step 5: Enter your newly created VoIP service provider number and click "Save".

What newly created VoIP service provider number?  The only VoIP number I have is my google voice number.  Would I enter that?  Why would I enter the google voice number on my google voice acct?

simonsayz

Jordan1

I am having the same problem as well. I have tried numerous times and still get the following:

Service ProvidersNameStatusSettings
SP1Google VoiceOffline 

bgswis

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, I guess. 

Also, I don't understand  Step 6:  Once you click "Connect", Google voice will call your VoIP service provider number configured on the OBi which will ring the phone.

Click connect where?  There is no Connect showing on the google screen.  And what VoIP service provider number configured on the OBi will google voice call?  Google voice is the number I am trying to configure on the OBi, right?  Will google voice call my google voice number?

simonsayz

It's not click connect. Once the status is "Connected" then try to use another phone to call your Google number to see if it works.

I can't for the life of me figure why this keeps showing offline.

bgswis

Step 6 says "click connect" and I think it is referring to the google phone web page.  Here is the step 6 screenshot.  I still see no place to click connect.

SteveInWA

Quote from: bgswis on December 26, 2017, 06:33:08 PM
Step 6 says "click connect" and I think it is referring to the google phone web page.  Here is the step 6 screenshot.  I still see no place to click connect.

What part of clicking the Connect button do you not understand?  Click the button.  Google Voice will call you on the linked, AT&T phone number shown on that page with the yellow warning.  You must answer that call and enter the two-digit code.

jjjj

Doesn't work for me either. Brand new OBi200 for Christmas and can't get past the "configuring" stage with GV. Usually times out with "offline" response. Browser indicates "waiting for response from obitalk.com" so guessing it's something on their end that isn't working today.

SteveInWA

Given that several people have reported this, I suggest that you just enjoy your holiday time, and try again another day.  "Do not attempt to adjust your set."

PopDeek

I have had an Obi202 for years and suddenly it's not working. I'm also stuck at the 'configuration' stage which keeps ending with the 'offline' response.

Warpig

I'm having the same problem .. I'm hoping OBI can figure this out soon.  I was able to setup my dad's obi200 last week .. I can't set mine a week later  >:(  really annoying.

bgswis

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 26, 2017, 07:14:56 PM

What part of clicking the Connect button do you not understand?  Click the button.  Google Voice will call you on the linked, AT&T phone number shown on that page with the yellow warning.  You must answer that call and enter the two-digit code.
OK, snarky Steve, now I see the connect button in the verify phone image screenshot.  However, I am not getting that verify image on my screen, so that is where I see no Connect button.

I think the main problem is step 5 when we are supposed to add a phone.  What phone number do they want us to use?  We can't use our google voice number there.

Today when I try to configure I get this error.  Tried it twice and get the same message:

Unmanaged Device
This device is currently unmanaged by OBiTALK. Either your device was factory reset, or the provsioning was disabled from the local web page. The device will need to be added to OBiTALK again. This requires physical access to the device. Click 'Continue' below to start the process of re-adding the OBi.

jjjj

Today still having same problem. Stays on configuring for 5 minutes and then changes to offline.

HateNettalk

Having the same problem also.  Started to try to get my new OBi200 to work after they killed the OBi100.  Nothing is working except using Google Voice through my laptop.  The OBi200 is not working at all on any of my phones even with a new Google Voice phone number and account. >:(

jamesbaker

I am having same problem for last 2 days. Tried updating firmware for obi202. Not sure what's going. It is strange why can't it give error message which tells what exactly is the problem

bgswis

I got an email from obi support saying my phone should work now with GV.  When I got home I saw the right light (for phone) was solid green, my acct says Connected instead of Offline, and I can make and receive calls.  Yeah! 

However, I wish step 5 made more sense and I knew what the problem was.

SteveInWA

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 26, 2017, 07:14:56 PM
Quote from: bgswis on December 26, 2017, 06:33:08 PM

What part of clicking the Connect button do you not understand?  Click the button.  Google Voice will call you on the linked, AT&T phone number shown on that page with the yellow warning.  You must answer that call and enter the two-digit code.

How can you "still see no place to click connect"?   It's right there in the box.  I highlighted it in red.  This is from YOUR screenshot, so I am baffled as to your issue clicking that button.

bgswis

My screenshot was from step 6 of the OBI instructions that I linked to.  It is not the screen I see during my setup.  I never got past step 5 for setup.

In other words, the OBI instructions seem bad, which is what I've been trying to show with my posts.  I still don't know what phone number they want in step 5.