News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"Backing Off: Authentication error" on OBi200 with 5757EX firmware

Started by arobatino, December 29, 2017, 02:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arobatino

My OBi200 (with 5757EX firmware) has been unable to connect to the GV server since at least last night. There were no configuration changes since long before it stopped working. After it stopped, I tried changing to Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and deleting and re-adding my GV Set-Up, with no change. I believe the failure has happened trying to connect to at least 2 different servers (it currently says "Connecting to 173.194.204.125").

arobatino

Yesterday, I was very briefly connected with the OBi200, enough to make a few test calls, then disconnected again. Last night I tried hooking up my OBi100 with the original 2886 firmware (not the hacked version), since other people say it's working for them. This morning, I am finally connected. It's only working for outgoing calls, unreliably. Incoming doesn't work at all, even though everything is configured properly. Clearly something is happening at Google's end. As long as it's connected I'm not going to try switching back to the OBi200.

arobatino

The OBi100 started getting the "Backing Off" error last night. Reconnected the OBi200 and am back waiting with the "Connecting to 173.194.204.125". Normally it would connect almost immediately.

Edit: I am now connected with the OBi200 (no telling how long it will last). Outgoing calls more or less work (though sometimes I have to redial to get a decent connection).

arobatino

Sorry for the noise. It was apparently a router issue. I swapped in a different router and the problem is gone.