News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call forwarding issue

Started by oldmanMatt, January 04, 2018, 11:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanMatt

I have call forwarding to my cell phone for when I'm not home. But when I am home I answer the phone plugged into the Obi202 and then 3-4 minutes later my cell phone still rings and it becomes a conference call.  How do I stop this from happening?

drgeoff

Call forwarding from what to your cell phone?

oldmanMatt

Quote from: drgeoff on January 04, 2018, 11:36:26 AM
Call forwarding from what to your cell phone?
From the Obi202 that my house phone is plugged into.

drgeoff

Exactly what did you do to configure the call forwarding? And it might be helpful to know what VoIP provider you are using.

oldmanMatt

The call forwarding is through google voice. Google voice has an option to forward all calls to another phone.

drgeoff

That sounds like a Google Voice problem.  If you have not configured the OBi to do the call forwarding then the OBi is not the problem.  That is why I asked the very first question - which you answered incorrectly.

You are more likely to get help with this on the GV forum.  https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/voice

oldmanMatt

Ok thanks.  My son set it up for me and I thought the call forwarding was through the Obihai.  Thanks again for the help and link.