News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiTalk / Google Voice destination network

Started by HGPilot, January 11, 2018, 01:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HGPilot

Hi All,

I'm trying to use my 1062 on a corporate network where everyone else uses IP phones with Nextiva. This seems to use the same ports as what I need
(per https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/ports-to-keep-open-on-my-router) and Nextiva takes priority.

IT has asked me for the destination network that I was unable to find. Does anyone know where I can find this or how to set this up to work alongside Nextiva phones on the same network?

Thanks.

SteveInWA

They should already have the required TCP ports open, but you can also ask them to check that UDP ports 19302 through 19309 are open, and the remote servers are on talk.google.com

If they're unwilling to do that, then you're better off using Nextiva like everyone else.

HGPilot

Thanks Steve. Do you know if Obi phones (I have a 1062) are compatible with Nextiva? Obi only shows 2 providers (one being GV) on their website.

SteveInWA

Quote from: HGPilot on January 12, 2018, 12:12:48 PM
Thanks Steve. Do you know if Obi phones (I have a 1062) are compatible with Nextiva? Obi only shows 2 providers (one being GV) on their website.

Yes, they are.  Obihai has a program for Internet Telephone Service Providers (ITSPs), whereby Obihai lets the ITSP use a service provider portal to remotely configure and manage OBi devices.  Nextiva used to be one of the participants in that program.  I don't know why they left, but you can certainly contact them and ask.  Even without that program, you should be able to get the SIP credentials from them, or let them configure it for you.

HGPilot

HGPilot

Steve,

One more question. Do you know what ports (or URL) the Obi uses to show up as online? I can access it via IP address but from the Obitalk portal it shows offline and won't accept firmware updates unless I use my phone's wifi hotspot. Think IT needs to enable this also.

SteveInWA

Sorry, I don't know.  You could take it home and do the update from there.  It's not something that needs to be done every month, so it's probably not worth convincing the IT department to open more ports.