News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 cannot add to my dashboard

Started by Survivalbloke, February 02, 2021, 07:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivalbloke

I've got an Obi200 and I am able to make the echo test call. When I send **5(code), I get a message telling me that number has been sent to the server, but nothing happens after that. 

Things I've tried:
1. Factory Reset Router (has zero rules, configs, forwards, etc)
2. Factory Reset Obi200 box
3. Logged into my Obi device admin port and set the DNS to 8.8.8.8
4. Dialed ***6 and the report was that my software was up to date

Where might one go from here?  Thanks in Advance.

ElCid

Same for me since I got mine yesterday.
No issues calling **5 222 222 222 and when using the code I get the message the code was sent to the server.
I even put the OBi in my DMZ.
Everything I read says to keep trying.

drgeoff

Quote from: ElCid on February 02, 2021, 07:26:06 AM

Do not put your OBi in your DMZ.

"Keep trying" is currently the only solution if you want to add to dashboard.  If you don't need Google Voice, adding your OBi to your dashboard is not essential.

ElCid

Quote from: drgeoff on February 02, 2021, 09:08:53 AM
Quote from: ElCid on February 02, 2021, 07:26:06 AM

Do not put your OBi in your DMZ.

"Keep trying" is currently the only solution if you want to add to dashboard.  If you don't need Google Voice, adding your OBi to your dashboard is not essential.
Ok thank you, I need to use Google Voice. I'll keep trying but this is kind of frustrating, I'm on try 30 using defaults and 25 with the device in the DMZ.
Any idea is anyone got this working while using the T-Mobile Home Internet which is 4G LTE?

Kaiburr

I'm in the same fight.  Still trying and reading everything.  My life is getting shorter. I'll post if/when I get success. 

Hermans

I was having issues installing my OBi200 since last week.

I JUST GOT IT WORKING.

Like many other people, I contacted Polycom and got the same reply "Keep Trying"
after hearing the confirmation of the "**5 XXXX sent to the server" I waited 10 seconds, hit cancel, and tried again.

Between last week and today, I must've tried over 50 times.

Tonight, after reading the reply from poly which basically said to "keep trying, you'll eventually get it" I said to myself, I'll try 10 times in a row, if that x work, I'll complain again. I lost track but it was either 9 or 15 times, but then the screen changed into a different one, and walla!

It will eventually work, it is rewarding when it does, but I don't think we should have to jump through digital hoops in this day and age...

Good Luck to all of you!

Hermans

I was having issues installing my OBi200 since last week.

Like many other people, I contacted Polycom and got the same reply "Keep Trying"
after hearing the confirmation of the "**5 XXXX sent to the server" I waited 10 seconds, hit cancel, and tried again.

Between last week and today, I must've tried over 50 times.

Tonight, after reading the reply from poly which basically said to "keep trying, you'll eventually get it" I said to myself, I'll try 10 times in a row, if that x work, I'll complain again. I lost track but it was either 9 or 15 times, but then the screen changed into a different one, and walla!

I just want to give some hope you those of you who still have issues with this.

Good Luck!