News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New firmware for Obi 200/202

Started by ProfTech, January 19, 2018, 09:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPz1100

It's a bit of a catch 22.  Auto provisioning can (and probably does) re-enable auto firmware update.  So agreed, both, or better yet everything on that page should be disabled to ensure no spam from the mothership.

Kage

Quote from: IterationIsFailure on January 21, 2018, 05:38:23 PM
I pulled DNS calls from the OBI. It contacts fw.obihai.com, which seems to indicate that is choke point to block. Time to test,  ;D

Wouldn't it be possible to block fw.obihai.com in the host file or through the router and that would stop forced updates?

Mango

Quote from: IterationIsFailure on January 21, 2018, 05:18:43 PMI noticed my OBI202 update (without permission) earlier today to 3.2.1 (Build: 5794EX) contrary to having FW Updates disabled in the UI to prevent such behavior.

This has been a source of confusion and much criticism of Obihai for quite some time.  The configuration to disable automatic firmware updates is:

System Management >> Auto Provisioning:
Auto Firmware Update >> Method: Disabled
ITSP Provisioning >> Method: Disabled
OBiTalk Provisioning >> Method: Disabled

Voice Services >> OBiTALK Service:
Enable: (Unchecked)

If you're particularly concerned, add  !**5S0| as the first sequence of the DigitMap to prevent OBiTALK from being re-enabled.

Quote from: IterationIsFailure on January 21, 2018, 05:38:23 PM
So, I disabled OBiTALK in "OBiTALK Service Settings" and the unit now shows as "Offline" on the Obi website, but unsure what consequential problems I'll run into, such as the Google Voice configuration,

Google Voice configuration is the primary (only?) thing you can't do without OBiTALK, if you use the stock firmware.  However, once it's configured, you generally don't need to mess with it.  Also, as of today the OBi200/OBi202 firmware has been successfully hacked to allow offline configuration of Google Voice.  No reports from anyone who tried it yet, but presumably it will work as well as the 100/110 hacks.

ProfTech

I spoke too soon. After enabling TLS my Obi 200 started dropping calls. Switched it back to UDP and everything seems Ok. Since I don't know if TLS ever worked I can't say it was a problem with 5794 for sure. I just wanted to note the issue in case someone else runs into it.

ProfTech

There may be light at the end of the tunnel. I am pretty sure auto update was turned off in my 200 because the "upgrade available" flag was showing in the portal for months. Then I used the portal to upgrade to 5757. I didn't notice immediately but after Obi sent 5775 I noticed Auto update was set to run every 24 hours. So GPz1100 may be right and they enabled it in 5757. However, I noticed yesterday after 5994 was installed Auto update is now turned off. Maybe Obi corrected the problem.

chilirock

It's been awhile since there have been any posts about updated firmware. Is anyone aware of firmware newer than v5794EX?

Taoman

Quote from: chilirock on March 16, 2018, 03:09:51 PM
It's been awhile since there have been any posts about updated firmware. Is anyone aware of firmware newer than v5794EX?

fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5804.fw

One of the bug fixes might interest you:

• Some answering machines emit a beep of around 1100Hz lasting 0.5 seconds. This resembles one cycle of the fax CNG tone, triggering the OBi to switch to fax mode. If T.38 is enabled, this might cause the call to drop.

chilirock

Thanks. This should include the fix for the answering machine issue. Obi Support pushed a preliminary version to my device that I've been using for about a month and a half.

Just curious, how do you find out when there are updated releases? And how do you find the release notes?

Taoman

Quote from: chilirock on March 16, 2018, 03:58:34 PM

Just curious, how do you find out when there are updated releases? And how do you find the release notes?

Not sure if he would appreciate me posting a direct link since I think you're supposed to register first for access to the downloads area.

https://www.ukvoipforums.com

KC512

I am also having the same problem Started a few days ago (about March 10). Incoming Google Voice calls can not be picked up by answering the telephone. They can be picked up by answering via a web browser on the computer. So I am guessing Google changed something on their end that Obihai has yet to fix in their firmware.

SteveInWA

Quote from: KC512 on March 17, 2018, 02:11:31 PM
I am also having the same problem Started a few days ago (about March 10). Incoming Google Voice calls can not be picked up by answering the telephone. They can be picked up by answering via a web browser on the computer. So I am guessing Google changed something on their end that Obihai has yet to fix in their firmware.

There is already a bug report on this with Google, and they'll be looking into what's going on.  Fiddling with firmware in the mean time won't help.

MZ95

Hurry up with that new firmware. In times of weather. I currently had a power outage. The Firmware goes back from 3.2.1.5794 to 3.1.1.5463. I had to update to 3.2.1.5757

RelayCruz

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 17, 2018, 04:41:26 PM
Quote from: KC512 on March 17, 2018, 02:11:31 PM

There is already a bug report on this with Google, and they'll be looking into what's going on.  Fiddling with firmware in the mean time won't help.

I am having this same exact issue and can't find more references to it anywhere. Where can I go to follow updates to this? I am going to have to stop using my GoogleVoice number completely because 9 out of 10 times I pick up the phone it won't answer. Have trouble-shooted my hardware and it is all fine. This has become a huge problem in my home for the past week.

GPz1100

^^Are you still having the issue?  According to SteveinWA it's been resolved.

I can confirm that to be the case with several gv numbers here.

drgeoff

Quote from: GPz1100 on March 22, 2018, 01:41:48 PM
^^Are you still having the issue?  According to SteveinWA it's been resolved.

I can confirm that to be the case with several gv numbers here.
What are you confirming?  That there are still issues or that the problem has been resolved?

GPz1100

My apologies... Running on 3 hrs of sleep.  I'm confirming that I'm no longer experiencing this issue. 

In my case it manifested itself a bit differently than through the obibox.  With freepbx/asterisk an answered call would sometimes have dead air.  However it would always (since a week or two back) send an email notification about a missed call.  All calls received today have been good and no missed call emails.

SteveInWA

The bug was fixed.  Any posts to the contrary are either unrelated issues or clueless posters.

RelayCruz

Bug is not fixed (and I'm not a clueless poster thank you very much to the a-hole), still having this issue as of this morning. I am in the Worcester, MA area. Have had the issue for about a week+ now. Someone calls, pick up, and it won't connect/continues to ring.

Edit: As of today (3-25-2018) it is working again as before. Finally.

oldunixguy

I experienced similar problems with 2 Obi200 at one location and a 3rd at another location last week. I had previously set all to not auto load firmware. However, I see on 2 of them (I cant reach the other just now) that they are now running 3.2.1 (Build: 5794EX) not by my hand.

I have not had a problem yesterday and today.

regards
oldunixguy

maizitis

I had to purchase a new OBI202 to replace an older OBI202 that started intermittently malfunctioning in April 2018. The new OBI202 that arrived this week but the Obi setup would not complete reporting "Backing Off : TCP connection to 125.78.194.173 failed". I performed the phone update this week and the OBI202 finally connected with Google Voice. Hardware Version 1.4 and Software Version 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX).
I had tried the OBi202-3-2-1-5775EX.fw update on the older OBI202 and was not able to connect.
The OBI202 firmware update over the phone is not the latest being reported here.