News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Getting No Line on Phone but dashboard shows service as Active

Started by kedarruchi, January 22, 2018, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kedarruchi

My Phone stopped working since last 3 days. The OBI200  shows all 3 green lights as Solid.

Logged into my dashboard and everything looks normal. Even disconnected & reconnected the OBI200 but no change.

The phone shows "No Line" and I am not getting any dial tone.

Please advise.

Thanks

SteveInWA

"No Line" on the phone's display means that the telephone is not sensing the approximately 50 VDC on-hook power from the OBi.  It can be a bad telephone, a loose phone plug, or a bad cable (run over by a chair, chewed by a pet, etc.).  Those are the first things to check.  If you have another telephone, swap out both the telephone and the modular phone cord between the phone and the OBi, and see if the trouble goes away.  If it goes away, then, using the replacement phone cord, unplug the test phone, and plug in your original phone.

If the problem comes back, it's a bad phone.  If it works now, it was either a bad cord or a loose connection.  If neither phone works, then reply with that news.

kedarruchi

Thanks, I checked and you were right, the phone cable came out. I feel stupid :p

Thanks for your inputs :)

SteveInWA

Quote from: kedarruchi on January 22, 2018, 05:57:18 PM
Thanks, I checked and you were right, the phone cable came out. I feel stupid :p

Thanks for your inputs :)

Ha!  I admire and salute your honesty.  You could have said "my dog ate my phone cord".