News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi202 switch to cell phone if router is off?

Started by kroq83, February 01, 2018, 08:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kroq83

I just order obi202 ( backorder) and Bluetooth just got a question.

Will the 202 switch to a cellphone automatic if the internet go down?
why I have a old cellphone plan that can't add internet so it will be a house phone for the house.
Put a cellphone in it own dock for power and it stay at the house. Maybe the 202 will switch  911 call  to use the cellphone. I am hope it will.

GPz1100

Only if you configure your voip provide to ring your cell phone either in a simultaneous manner or as part of a hunt sequence.

911 service will work on the 202 if your voip provider offers this service. You can dial 911 from any cell phone, even one that's not activated.

drgeoff

I think krog83 is asking if the OBi will use BT for outgoing calls if the internet is not working.  If so, then what the ITSP does or not is irrelevant.

Try putting the ITSP SP and Bluetooth in TrunkGroup1 and set the Primary Line to be that Trunk Group.

kroq83

Thanks drgeoff. Yes I was ask if the net go down will the cellphone. I can't do nothing yet for testing. I got mine obi202 on order and backorder on Amazon. I would like to think the obi202 can be set up if net down or dial 911 it will go to cellphone I hope.