News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 not receiving calls to google voice number

Started by adfsfasdgsadfhgd, February 13, 2018, 05:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adfsfasdgsadfhgd

I'm trying to setup the OBi200 with google voice.
I have read and watched many videos online and on OBihai's website
I have a google voice number and I have called out using hangouts.
I did check the checkbox for google chat under phone tab in GV.
I can call out with the phone that is plugged into the OBi200 and the caller id on the called phone displays the GV number.
I have rebooted the OBi200 decived, just unplug it and wait 30 seconds plug it back in
I have logged of GMAIL

What else can I do to make this thing work? If not is going back to the store.

SteveInWA

This happens when people are also logged into the Simonics Google Voice Gateway (GVGW) or a poorly-configured PBX.  The GVGW is set at the highest priority, and grabs all the inbound calls.

If you are, or were using it, then disable and sign out of it and try inbound calling again.

adfsfasdgsadfhgd

I don't or have not installed the Simonics Google Voice Gateway, I don't even know what that is to be honest. I would think is something to do with the Google Voice setup as the outbound calls are working correctly.
I can see the incoming calls to the GV number on the GV site (inbox) so I know they are reaching GV but they are not making it to the OBi200 device.

for testing purposes I added a phone number to the forward setting in GV. So when the GV number was called it would forward the call to "Goggle Chat" and the link phone number. I then called the GV number and I received the call on the new linked number (which happened to be my home phone) but not the OBi200 device. There is a missing "link" somewhere and I can find it.

Does the OBi200 have a phone number? That I can use to set the forwarding in GV to?

SteveInWA

Quote from: adfsfasdgsadfhgd on February 14, 2018, 05:46:38 AM
I don't or have not installed the Simonics Google Voice Gateway, I don't even know what that is to be honest. I would think is something to do with the Google Voice setup as the outbound calls are working correctly.
I can see the incoming calls to the GV number on the GV site (inbox) so I know they are reaching GV but they are not making it to the OBi200 device.

for testing purposes I added a phone number to the forward setting in GV. So when the GV number was called it would forward the call to "Goggle Chat" and the link phone number. I then called the GV number and I received the call on the new linked number (which happened to be my home phone) but not the OBi200 device. There is a missing "link" somewhere and I can find it.

Does the OBi200 have a phone number? That I can use to set the forwarding in GV to?

OK, thanks for the information.  No, OBi devices don't have telephone numbers.  They act as Google Chat (XMPP) clients, and Google Voice is simply forwarding the call to Google Chat.

Taken on face value, you have done everything I would have asked as far as troubleshooting.  Two things are left to check:  Using the OBiTALK web dashboard, click on your OBi device, then click on the SP1 slot that you configured to use Google Voice (you did use SP1, right?).  Confirm that it has a check mark in the box to receive calls on PHONE 1.  Second:  people actually spend a lot of time troubleshooting what turns out to be a Homer Simpson DOH moment:  the telephone is either bad, or its ringer is turned off.  Try another telephone and phone cord.  Watch the three LEDs on the OBi and call the Google Voice number.  The right-side LED (with the telephone icon) should blink while the caller hears ringing tones.

If this doesn't help, then you have nothing to lose by deleting the OBi off of your portal, factory resetting the device, adding it back, and starting over.

For the sake of completeness, my instructions, linked below, cover all the setup steps:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

adfsfasdgsadfhgd

HOLLY SH!T ...the ringer was OFF... WOW... 2 1/2 days wasted... I have the ringer off because is my desk phone  (home line) and when I work from home and I'm a conference call (soft phone IP for work) and annoying selicitors call I can't send them to voice mail or what not... so it rings and rings and co-workers are like "turn that off man is annoying..." lol

wow ... can't believe it...
thanks

onto the last step transfer my home number to Goggle voice. I hope I can get this to work.
I need to port the home number to a cheapo minutes phone (wal-mart) $20 and add minutes to it $20,
once the port is done, port to the google voice another $20

all this to get rid off the damn cable bill....lol...

SteveInWA

Quote from: adfsfasdgsadfhgd on February 14, 2018, 12:05:39 PM
HOLLY SH!T ...the ringer was OFF... WOW... 2 1/2 days wasted... I have the ringer off because is my desk phone  (home line) and when I work from home and I'm a conference call (soft phone IP for work) and annoying selicitors call I can't send them to voice mail or what not... so it rings and rings and co-workers are like "turn that off man is annoying..." lol

wow ... can't believe it...
thanks

onto the last step transfer my home number to Goggle voice. I hope I can get this to work.
I need to port the home number to a cheapo minutes phone (wal-mart) $20 and add minutes to it $20,
once the port is done, port to the google voice another $20

all this to get rid off the damn cable bill....lol...

Your ceremonial dope slap is attached.

adfsfasdgsadfhgd

LOL... I felt like one of stooges...

quick question

If I have the Obi200 plugged into a wall phone jack instead of the phone, well the OBi200 feed the entire house so all phone jacks will be live?

my router is in the office room and I have a phone jack in that room but I want the other phone jacks to be active as well in other rooms like the kitchen, etc.

drgeoff

Quote from: adfsfasdgsadfhgd on February 16, 2018, 06:19:25 AM
LOL... I felt like one of stooges...

quick question

If I have the Obi200 plugged into a wall phone jack instead of the phone, well the OBi200 feed the entire house so all phone jacks will be live?

my router is in the office room and I have a phone jack in that room but I want the other phone jacks to be active as well in other rooms like the kitchen, etc.

Yes, but you MUST first ensure that the house wiring is properly physically disconnected from any other phone service. (For example merely ceasing service from a landline telco is NOT sufficient.)  Failure to do so not only results in the setup not working, it risks fatally damaging the OBi.

Some useful info in a post by SteveInWA at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13557.0 

Gion1

i've been having the exact same issue so i was wondering where to find some answers. thanks guys for everything! i was just wondering if i might ask you some other questions either? i'm new here but i can see you really know these things!

Enjoy peace of mind throughout the life of your tires when you shop car tires, truck tires & SUV tires online with https://neotires.com/michelin-tires  today ! Find a location!

SteveInWA

Quote from: Gion1 on February 19, 2018, 07:14:55 AM
i've been having the exact same issue so i was wondering where to find some answers. thanks guys for everything! i was just wondering if i might ask you some other questions either? i'm new here but i can see you really know these things!

Sure, ask away!

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 19, 2018, 12:15:15 PM
Quote from: Gion1 on February 19, 2018, 07:14:55 AM

Sure, ask away!
But unless your question is directly related to the topic of this thread please start a new one and give it an appropriate title.