News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice on Obi202 - people can barely hear me...

Started by Malachi123, February 16, 2018, 01:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi123

This is something that's been going on for about a month or so: Whenever I call someone or someone calls me, I hear them fine, but the people can barely understand me, since I'm breaking up all the time.
My config is set up like this: I'm on cable, cable is connected to modem. Modem is connected to Obi202. Obi202 has 2 phone lines and network connection to my router. My router has my computers connected to it. Everything worked like a charm until a month ago. I just made a call and checked the bandwidth status on my router.. everything was low.. no traffic whatsoever, so it must be my Obi202. From what I can see I have the latest firmware (installed by Obi automagically)... Anyone any idea what could be going on? Am I missing something? Is there any way to remedy this horrible connection? (hey.. I'm on cable, not dial-up, so my connection should be good.. even Skype works better than my GV at the moment...)

drgeoff

Dial **9 222 222 222 and try the echo test.  If you hear your voice breaking up then you know that GV is not the cause.

Malachi123

Thanks, I tried this and it worked fine.. no breaking up whatsoever... so what could be the issue then?

Malachi123

I just had a call with someone again. It was fine for the first half a minute (and I heard an echo of my own voice) and after that it was breaking up constantly (and NO echo of my own voice anymore)...

Did anything change a month ago at Obi and/or GV?

Malachi123

I did a completely new setup for one of the lines. No change. Then I had the idea of turning the power off and on of my obi device, since it's just simply always on. Guess what.. that helped. So maybe I had to reboot the obi after the firmware upgrade....

Problem has been solved. For both my phones. \o/