News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1062 Questions

Started by tvBilly, February 26, 2018, 05:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvBilly

I just added a new OBi1062 to replace an OBi200 I had hooked up for many years to an analog phone. The OBi200 is now only being used to hook up an analog answering machine. All is working well, both the 1062 and the 200 are happily talking to my three ITSPs, (two SIP lines from CallCentric, one SIP line from CallWithUs, and one Google Voice line). Everything is working well.

I have a few Obi1062 specific setup questions, stuff that is different from when I just had the OBi200 with a single line analog phone plugged in. For example,

Is there any way to use the Ring Profile Ring Patterns with the OBi1062? With the single line analog phone I took advantage of the OBi200s ability to create distinctive rings for each line, and I'm kind of used to it. I can use manually loaded ringtones (via sound files on a USB Key) just fine, and I can certainly create a suitable WAV file that duplicates anything I could come up with on the OBi200 via ring patterns, but is there any way to get Ring Patterns to work natively on the OBi1062?

When I just had the OBi200 with a single line analog phone plugged in, I set each of the four services to produce a different dial tone. If I just picked up the phone, or dialed **1, I'd get one dial tone. If I dialed **2, I'd get a different dial tone. Same for **3 and **4. I set this in the OBi200 PHONE Settings Digit Map, via **1{t=di}(Msp1)|**2{t=di2}(Msp2)|**3{t=od}(Msp3), etc. These still work on the OBi1062 if I use the **n prefix when I dial, but since I now just use one of the Virtual Line Keys to grab a line to make a call, I get the same standard dial tone for all of them. Is there any way to set different dial tones when I just use the VLK instead of the **n dialing prefix?

I've got the four ITSP lines in the first four VLK positions, and my OBiTalk number in the fifth and my cellphone via OBiBT in the sixth position. All are working fine. I have the Service Dependent Ringtones set to ring a different sound for each one of the six different services. The first four work fine, but the OBiTalk service and the OBiBT service just ring the default ring, not the service dependent ring. Any idea why, and if I can fix it? (It is so outstanding that I can bluetooth connect my cellphone to the OBi1062 and receive and make calls from it. I want to play a specific sound file on the OBi1062 when a call comes in on my linked cell phone).

Thanks!

Billy