News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai ring with Norstar system

Started by Crestone, February 28, 2018, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crestone

Hello,

We have a ObiHai 4 port adapter that is connected to a Meridian Norstar phone system. It works well with one exception. When some calls come in, the Norstar's ringer (on a handset) doesn't ring with the same frequency of tone as it did before. Since it doesn't seem to "hear" all of the rings, the rules on the Norstar (when to pick up the phone, etc) aren't always followed. In some cases, the Norstar never hears the ring until the SIP connection times out. It looks like there is some kind of ring frequency or timing mismatch between what the ObiHai is putting out and what the Norstar is expecting. This happens intermittently. On other calls, the timing is close enough and the phone system behaves as it is supposed to. This problem is new since we switched to ObiHai. The rest of the functions, DTMF etc, are working fine.

Anyone heard of this issue? I know the ring functions (frequency and voltage) are configurable in the ObiHai advanced config. I was curious to hear if anyone had any ideas before I start blindly testing.

Thanks,