News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does Callcentric inbound CNAM work with the DID free number?

Started by GaryYang, March 06, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryYang

Hello All. I am a new user here. After setting GV + CC's E911 with ObiTalk 200. Everything seems to work as designed (not always as hoped  ;)), but CNAM seems not working. I have enabled CC CNAM per CC instructions, set GV forwarding to the CC free number. But, when I receive inbound calls, I never see callers' names. Their numbers display correctly. After search CC website, I realized that CC seems suggests that it only support for paid number. "CNAM is available to all Callcentric customers for any paid phone numbers on your account;" (https://www.callcentric.com/faq/31#309).

I even tried CC's "Phone Book" feature. I does not work for me either.

Can someone tell me if this is what supposed to be, or I am missing something?

If this is it how it works, the DID free number is really useless to me because the E911 service does need it either. However, I saw a few instructional posts in this forum says something like "uncheck GV forwarding to Google Chat,  add CC number and check GV forwarding to the CC number" as part of CC E911 setup.

Thanks.

GPz1100

GaryYang

GPz1100

I do see the wording in the FAQ.  I wonder if they changed this recently.

In google voice, you have unchecked forwarding to google chat, right?  If not, then google chat will be the first to receive the call, followed by the callcentric forwarding number a moment or so later.  If the obi is receiving the google chat call first, it won't include CNAM, just the number.

GaryYang