News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Mail Prompts selection

Started by Bigpat, March 08, 2018, 07:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigpat

I just got my Obihai 202 and got everything setup so far such as make and receive calls. It took almost 2 hours to set up voice mail using the Obihai speed dial configuration in which instead of using the (** then my Google voice number) I had to use a (+1 then my google voice number) and I was finally able to setup my speed dial for my voice mail via the handset.

The only issue remains is that when I call the voice mail and given option and or prompts such as " mark vice mail as read" by pushing the number 4 for example, when I press 4 nothing happens I press buttons and nothing registers.

I would like to know how to get this corrected as my wife is not good with using computers to login to the browser and check voice mail.

Any Help is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

SteveInWA

You are making this much harder than it needs to be.

If you configured Google Voice on your OBi, then all you need to do is to call your google Voice number from the OBi, and it will go directly to the voicemail menu.

Are you in a country other than the USA?  Are you diverting your inbound Google Voice calls to a Callcentric phone number? 

The system should respond to touch tones.  Did you check-mark the box to use the OBi with a security alarm?  IF so, that will kill touch tone; don't do that.

Bigpat

Not making anything harder than it seems.  I think you reading into it harder lot more than you should. The only issue I'm having is the touch tone when making selection via the voice mail prompts.

I just got obhai202 3 days ago and the only thing I did was setup Google voice then connected to Obhai then added the voice mail phone number to the Obhai speed dial list.

I live in US – Philadelphia and I'm not routing any calls of the sort what so ever. The one thing I did do was check that box you mentioned as I have a security alarm. I will uncheck that to see if this resolves the issue.

Thank you
-BP

bsdaiwa

I have my same GV account setup on two different OBi 200's, one in USA and the other in Brasil and both ring at the same time. I know that because I have cameras setup in both locations that have the ability to monitor sound and I have monitored them when I placed test calls.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Bigpat on March 09, 2018, 06:44:58 AM
The one thing I did do was check that box you mentioned as I have a security alarm. I will uncheck that to see if this resolves the issue.

That's your problem.  If you check-mark the security alarm feature, you can't use that SP for anything else; it has to be dedicated to the alarm panel.

I don't recommend using an OBi with Google Voice for this purpose.  Most alarm monitoring companies have migrated to using 3G/4G cellular communicators, and/or direct IP connection via a gateway box connected to your Ethernet switch/router.