News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new obi212 - can i use with cisco 7945 wired or cisco 8821 / panasonic wireless?

Started by wfx3, March 16, 2018, 12:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfx3

great news .. blt just shipped my new obi212.  i guess they got some new stock in early.  i am going to use with google voice and pots. 

i'm sure my regular phones will work fine on the rj11/fxs port.. but how about cisco sip phones on the rj45/lan port?

can i add a wireless access point to use with a wireless phone like cisco 8821 or panasonic kx-udt131?

azrobert

wfx3

thank you.  i will try and follow that setup.  i can't imagine the cisco hardware is that much different.

i guess that means i won't need a separate sip service provider, cisco ISR router or asterisk/pbx server.  but i wonder if any of those might be beneficial for reliability and/or call control purposes. 

cisco call manager in particular has some good features.  but then i saw this obi110/raspbx solution (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=172926) so i am going to try that first.

wfx3

i learned the hard way that cisco phones can be very different.. the cisco 8821 wireless ip phone in particular seems to be locked to call manager because cisco does not provide multi-platform firmware for the 8821 like they do for the other phones in the 8800 series.

so i've got a cisco call manager (red hat linux) virtual machine running now just for the purpose of working with the closed platform cisco phones. and i would like to connect cisco call manager via a sip trunk to the obi212 gateway.  so i can make outbound calls via PSTN and GV.

i know this is not a cisco support forum, but i would appreciate any advice on connecting obi212 to cisco call manager (CUCM).  i've seen examples of obi110 working with asterisk/raspbx servers so i'm thinking it must be possible.