News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

After restore of power failure for 2 weeks, incoming calls don't ring phone

Started by magicwine, March 19, 2018, 10:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicwine

Hi,
I have an Obihai 200 installed and working perfectly for more than a year.

After restore of power failure for 2 weeks, incoming calls no longer ring my home phones, but do ring in gmail which I presume is via hangouts.

I have read posts on ringing stopping, but don't see anything that would help my situation.

1. I have checked and Google Chat is still checked in Legacy GV.

2. During the power failure I got a new sim and phone number and added that as a forwarding phone #.

3. Making my first and only call last night, I heard echoing as did the person I called. I also kept hearing redialing tones as if someone had pressed redial on their phone. My phone was on a table, not held by me, as I use a corded headset.

4. As I was typing this, I received a call where my home cordless phone DID ring so I thought the issue corrected itself. And on a few calls this morning I didn't hear an echo or the redialing.

5. I only have one number, this GV one.

6. On two new outgoing calls that I made, I am hearing the redial tones again and my home cordless is not ringing. These are the phones using the obihai 200.

7. My cell phone which is listed as a forwarding number in GV, IS ringing.

What are the quickest, first steps I should take?  I saw something in a post to log into your account to see what incoming calls are displaying in your log, but I can't find any log or calls option when I click on my active Obihai account.

Thank you for your help.

Bob

drgeoff

There are already several posts about similar problems with GV which seem to have started in the last week or so.  Probably nothing to do with your power outage.  As to what you can do, see the thread which has a post by SteveInWA at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13680.msg87819#msg87819

magicwine

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I read these posts...this is not my issue.

Main issue is my obihai connected phone does not ring all the time but desktop pc rings through hangouts. When it rings on my connected phone I can pick up, it's not going to voicemail. I presume if I had a PC headset and I picked up via hangouts it would be ok also.

The other issues such as hearing redialing tones when I'm on the phone are in my initial post...and also are not what was in the link you provided.

PS - after I wrote this reply I received a call ringing in hangouts, but I picked it up with my obihai connected cordless phone and no one was there. Received missed call message. Called party back and they told me it went to voicemail but that is because I couldn't pick it up....So this one issue matches the link Dr Geoff sent me - but all the other new issues I'm having after the power failure are not mentioned in that link so until someone else posts the same issues, I can't be sure my issue is related..
IS EVERYONE having the go to voicemail issues now?
I hope someone knows what's going on and can suggest how to solve it based on my forum's points mentioned.