News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't answer inbound calls 50% of the time (Google voice / Obi200)

Started by beyoncenugs, March 20, 2018, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beyoncenugs

Service has been working flawlessly for months.  Recently, upon hearing the phone ring, I answer but the line is dead.  On the other end, the caller continues to hear it ring, then after 6 rings or so, the call goes to Google Voicemail.  Sometimes I can re-boot the Obi200 and can answer calls fine for a few days.  Sometimes not.  Outbound calls work fine.  We have several cordless phones linked around the house.  Tried at least 3 different phones and they all have the same issue.

I've read a few other threads about a 'known problem with Google Voice', but haven't seen resolution on the other threads.  Has anyone found a work around -- without abandoning GV?

Is there some sort of software or firmware upgrade I need to do?  I purchased the Obi200 about 6 months ago from Amazon after enjoying my 100 for several years...

Advice / guidance appreciated!

drgeoff

Many others are experiencing similar problems with GV and have posted in these forums.  Surprising you did not notice them.

I advise you to read the complete thread at https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/ouSBboXA1zY/discussion.

The poster Bluescat in that thread also posts here under the name SteveInWA.