News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Life Cycle of OBi202

Started by Tallwes, March 29, 2018, 03:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallwes

I am thinking of buying an OBi202.  I just will like to know where the OBi202 is in its life cycle.  How long do we have until the OBi202 reaches it EOL(End Of Life)?

drgeoff

Very few people know the answer to that.  Those few are very unlikely to make the answer known.

GPz1100

Your guess is as good as anyone else's here.  I don't expect the company to reveal EOL date until 6-12 months away EOL if not closer.  That said, according to amazon the product's been available since 2/25/2012 per this link. That would make it older than 6 years now. Given the current age I'd have to guess it would be sooner than later.

It's still hard to beat if you plan on using it with google voice to make free calls.  Break even within 3-4 months with a typical phone bill of $30/month.

There are cheaper options available if you plan on using it with sip providers.  Obi is the only product that offers direct integration with google voice/chat for making calls.

https://www.amazon.com/OBi202-2-Port-Adapter-Support-Service/dp/B007D930YO