News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice # Has Changed... Any Need for Re-Setup of ObiHai 200?

Started by brad.mccollum, March 30, 2018, 09:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad.mccollum

I setup a new ObiHai200 device at our house about a week ago, using my long-standing Google Voice # to just get it up and working to test it.

Fast forward about a week and a half later and I've now successfully transferred my long-standing Ooma-associated "home" # to an AT&T Wireless Prepaid cell phone and then on to Google Voice as my new Google Voice #.

With this in mind, when I reconnect my ObiHai200 device later on today (I disconnected it about a week and a half ago after I initially connected and configured it), should I have to do anything to it since the # now associated with the Google Voice acct. has changed and is my old home # instead of the randomly-assigned # Google Voice gave to me years ago, or should everything just resume working?

Thanks for any feedback on this.

drgeoff

I suspect you will not need to do anything but why don't you just try it? (And let us know the answer.)

SteveInWA

Quote from: brad.mccollum on March 30, 2018, 09:00:27 AM
I setup a new ObiHai200 device at our house about a week ago, using my long-standing Google Voice # to just get it up and working to test it.

Fast forward about a week and a half later and I've now successfully transferred my long-standing Ooma-associated "home" # to an AT&T Wireless Prepaid cell phone and then on to Google Voice as my new Google Voice #.

With this in mind, when I reconnect my ObiHai200 device later on today (I disconnected it about a week and a half ago after I initially connected and configured it), should I have to do anything to it since the # now associated with the Google Voice acct. has changed and is my old home # instead of the randomly-assigned # Google Voice gave to me years ago, or should everything just resume working?

Thanks for any feedback on this.

When you set up Google Voice on your OBi device, you went through a procedure to grant the OBi access to the Google Chat XMPP service on your Google account.  It has no idea what your Google Voice number is; all it knows is that it can connect to that service and make and receive calls.  So:  adding or deleting numbers won't have any effect, and there is typically nothing that needs to be done on the OBi side.