News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound dialing - one ring then silence

Started by CltFlyboy, April 07, 2018, 06:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CltFlyboy

Strange problem that has just cropped up over the last month or so. Setup - I have two Obi202's and one Obi1062 all using Google Voice that have been working perfectly for *many* years now. Nothing has changed with my networking setup (I'm a senior level IT infrastructure architect). The thing is, when I dial outbound, I get one ring on my end and then silence. The call *is* going through, and I just wait through silence until the receiving end picks up.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much everyone!

--Henry

Pestman

My phones do this too, I thought it was just a feature of call center style phones

Dumaine

I guess the issue has finally made it to Detroit because it started here this morning.

GPz1100

We've been experiencing audio issues here too.

Outbound call, if picked up on first ring, no audio.  Picked up after second or third rings, normal audio.  This was in testing at home with different lines.  Of course as a caller we can't control on which ring the recipient picks up.

There's no audio to the call initiator.  That is, I as the caller cannot hear the party being called.  They can hear me however.

Ahh the joys of google voice......

mwr_obi202

Having the same issue today in Indiana.  :-[

SteveInWA

Please see my (Bluescat) post in this thread, and, if my description of your symptoms match, please submit the requested information.  Thanks!

https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/Unn7jCk1JUA/discussion

Dumaine

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 25, 2018, 07:26:26 PM
Please see my (Bluescat) post in this thread, and, if my description of your symptoms match, please submit the requested information.  Thanks!

I posted a couple test calls on your other topic. Though it seems on my end its effecting some inbound calls also....I guess they will figure it all out one day

Soulcommander

Hello guys-gals....Been having this same issue also. Checked for firmware update and there is non. Using Obi 202.  One way calling so it seems. I can call out the phone rings once maybe not at all. The person hears me but I do not know they are on the line. Also incoming call same thing happens. I do not hear them when they call in but they can hear me.
This started up yesterday I believe.
April 25

*Also using google voice

I have reset modem and router and obi202 device by powering down...nothing has worked.  ***6 dialing to check for updates says there is non.

Any advice?

I left a message on the google voice forums also from URL above. Obviously this is a wide spread issue.  Just got a incoming call when I answered on my phone connected to obi202 I heard nothing they heard me say to them call my cell.  They were calling from a landline phone.

drgeoff

Quote from: Soulcommander on April 26, 2018, 07:49:36 AM
Hello guys-gals....Been having this same issue also. Checked for firmware update and there is non. Using Obi 202.  One way calling so it seems. I can call out the phone rings once maybe not at all. The person hears me but I do not know they are on the line. Also incoming call same thin happens. I do not hear them when they call in but they can hear me.
This started up yesterday I believe.
April 25

*Also using google voice

I have reset modem and router and obi202 device by powering down...nothing has worked.  ***6 dialing to check for updates says there is non.

Any advice?
Dial **9 222 222 222.  If you hear your own voice echoed back to you then this is almost certainly something only Google can fix.

Soulcommander

GPz1100

Still ongoing here.  So far I see several trends.

Call initiated on obi - If the recipient lets the call ring a bit (2 rings?), then there's full audio, otherwise they can hear me but I can't hear them.

Call initiated on softphone through simonics gateway.  Full audio present when call is answered immediately.

Call initiated through pbx - same issue as calling through the obi.  Sometimes waiting for 2-3 rings doesn't help either.

drgeoff

Soulcommander

That's not even funny I have glaucoma. And yes ***  9 will reboot your obi.  :)

FormerYooper

Last couple of days, I've had an issue with incoming calls on my OBi200  They can hear me, but I can't hear them.  I most certainly have "chat" checked in GV settings.  I have changed nothing.  Worked perfectly for years until a few days ago.  The issue will persist for a few calls, then it magically disappears.  Then reappears again.  Me thinks Google is fooling around with GV a bit.   ::)

Soulcommander

Quote from: FormerYooper on April 26, 2018, 03:13:52 PM
Last couple of days, I've had an issue with incoming calls on my OBi200  They can hear me, but I can't hear them.  I most certainly have "chat" checked in GV settings.  I have changed nothing.  Worked perfectly for years until a few days ago.  The issue will persist for a few calls, then it magically disappears.  Then reappears again.  Me thinks Google is fooling around with GV a bit.   ::)

Go Here and read the posts and then give them calling info  https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/Unn7jCk1JUA/discussion

Taoman

Quote from: GPz1100 on April 26, 2018, 10:47:56 AM
Still ongoing here.  So far I see several trends.

Call initiated on obi - If the recipient lets the call ring a bit (2 rings?), then there's full audio, otherwise they can hear me but I can't hear them.

Call initiated on softphone through simonics gateway.  Full audio present when call is answered immediately.

Call initiated through pbx - same issue as calling through the obi.  Sometimes waiting for 2-3 rings doesn't help either.

Interesting. I've been repeatedly testing my two GV lines trying to duplicate what you (and others) have been experiencing. So far, no "luck." One number is configured on my OBi via OBitalk with a direct connection to Google. The other line uses Simonics GVGW. Both lines continue to work as expected with no audio issues.

Just curious: were the GV number(s) in question supplied by Google or did you port them in? Mine were not ported in.

GPz1100

I've experienced the issue on both, ported and google supplied numbers.

Same number that experiences the issue on the pbx (motif), has no issues when tunneled through simonics.

Another oddity, calling the obi gv number (or other gv #) sometimes I get ringback tones, sometimes not.

SteveInWA

Thanks for the reports.  If you haven't come to the conclusion already, this is a Google Voice infrastructure bug.  They have an open ticket on it, and they accept that it's serious.  The engineer I spoke with invites y'll to post specific examples, as many have done already.  It's not universal, for some unknown-at-this-time reason.

There are a lot of "balls in the air" at this time, in GV-land, with some infrastructure changes related to the GV VoIP beta, etc.  It's making things difficult to isolate, and they have a pretty small staff to distribute work on bugs.

If/when I have any further details, I'll be happy to share, but that's all I know this afternoon.

Again, please post over on the thread here:

SteveInWA

Google Voice engineering found the issue and has implemented a fix.  Please feel free to test it yourself, and report any problems with this specific issue, not general problems to the linked Google Voice forum thread.