News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric Missed call alert notification email

Started by GPz1100, April 13, 2018, 02:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPz1100

Is there a way to set up missed call alerts/notifications with callcentric?

The system will generate an email if a vm is left, but other than checking the CC call logs, is there any way of creating an alert email?

For reasons too lengthy to explain I've had to implement CC's IVR function to capture calls forwarded from google voice.  Once captured, calls are forwarded to 2 different extensions via call hunting.  This works great, but as far as gv is concerned, the call was answered, not missed.

Thoughts, suggestions?

SteveInWA

Not via Callcentric.  But, you can have Google Voice email you when you have a missed call.

The settings are here:  https://voice.google.com/settings

See the partial screenshot attached below.

GPz1100

This won't work.  Once call is handed off to CC's IVR, as far as gv is concerned, the call was answered.

We seem to be having an issue with certain house members remembering to hangup (press the end call/off button) on the handset.  To remedy, calls are forwarded to another obi/phone in a call hunt sequence.  The only way this works is by CC having full control of the call.  Not the best work around but at least calls can get through.

SteveInWA

Well, you're trying to solve human behavioral issues with technology, and that just doesn't work sometimes.

azrobert

Is there a reason why you need the IVR? You can define a hunt group without the IVR.

GPz1100

@Steve, maybe someday google will implement a call hunting option instead of forwarding to all at the same time.

@azrobert CC does allow call hunting through regular call treatments, but if i recall, google wouldn't release the call because of early media.  I'll experiment tomorrow.  Suppose it doesn't matter which way the call hunting is implemented, missed call notification will still be unavailable.

azrobert

The last entry for the hunt sequence would be a busy. I don't know if this is a real busy or if CC answers the call and plays a recorded busy. If it's a real busy, wouldn't the GV notice Steve posted work?

I have the Phonerlite softphone installed on Windows 10 and it has notifications. You get a pop-up for a few seconds with a missed call plus a notification is added to Windows. Just click on Notifications on the Task Bar to see them. The notifications are removed when you close Phonerlite.

Just add Phonerlite as a 3rd extension. There won't be a notice if the caller hangs up before the call reaches the 3rd extension.

GPz1100

Apparently I didn't need to use an ivr to set up call hunting.  It works directly from the call treatment.

The call is handed off completely to CC.  I have the hunt timeout at 30 seconds/ext.  Callcentric VM grabs the call so gv voice mail is unable to take the call.  Even if the timeout is set to 5 seconds each and busy for the last entry, gv still doesn't capture the call because it's already been handed off entirely to CC.

The pc option is only useful if the person is in front of the computer.  This isn't the case often. 

Missed call notifications are handy, if for no other reason than to know who's calling.  Many (self included) these days don't like leaving messages so a missed call alert with a recognizable number (or gv contact name) may prompt a call back.  CC does have a phonebook import function but that would be clunky with 100+ entries.  That's where gv notifications shine.  Alerts generated for a missed call, a vm (+ transcription), texts received, etc.

I don't see this issue resolving as these household members age further, mental function diminishes. I told 'em, either remember to hang up the damn phone or I implement this.  Today I get yelled at because no one could get through for ~4 hrs while an extension was off hook.  It's unclear if a call was actually placed or the phone was just left offhook.  I'm not sure how long a call initiated through gv will remain before reaching some duration timeout.  CC allows configuring of this from 30-480 minutes in 30 min increments.  Still, even if gv or CC hangs up, the phone is still off hook so we're back to square one.

azrobert

I like my idea of a softphone as a 3rd extension. It could be defined on a Cell or PC. If the softphone rings, you know the other extensions are busy or not answering.

QuoteI have the hunt timeout at 30 seconds/ext.

If the phone is busy/off-hook doesn't the hunt group immediately try the next extension? If it doesn't, maybe you should use simul-ring.

GPz1100

That's a great idea but with one caveat.  Phone has to be charged to work :) You won't believe how many times I've found it to be dead  ---- we're talking about a basic flip phone.

I have several ht802's around here, I may just set up another extension with CC using a basic att trimline 210 device.  Set that up elsewhere in the house with the ringer at the loudest setting.

In testing, if a phone is offhook but is not in a call, hunting hit the next extension immediately. If in call then the timeout applies.

Simultaneous ring would be annoying if it rings during an actual call before one acknowledges call waiting.

GPz1100

Quote from: azrobert on April 13, 2018, 09:32:23 PM
Is there a reason why you need the IVR? You can define a hunt group without the IVR.

Robert, I did some further testing.  Call hunting through regular call treatments does not work when the timeout for each extension is set at 30 seconds.  Google voicemail kicks in before the call is passed to the next extension.  The same with IVR works.  See below.