News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup Issues

Started by meadowlark55, April 16, 2018, 05:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

Please give word for word all the message(s) you hear when attempting to make a call.

meadowlark55

Miraculously, the problem has stopped occurring. This time it rang right through without incident. The only thing I can imagine that may have affected this other than time needed for any activation to stabilize, might be that I transferred the secondary number out of my google voice account after first transferring this number out temporarily before transferring this number back in. That solved a host of problems.

Thanks for standing in though, Dr. Geoff. Most appreciated.

Moe_Road

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 17, 2018, 12:37:56 PM
Ha.  I guess the "wave the rubber chicken at it" fix worked.

I dunno how you could make calls, if you haven't yet set up Google Voice.  If you need help with that, let me know.

SteveInWA,

Thanks for the post. I had the same problem. FIXED  :)

Tireduser

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 17, 2018, 02:46:04 AM
Forget the router settings, especially if you are a novice -- they are unnecessary at this point. Can it instead be a tooth pick?

Unplug the OBi from all three cables:  power, Ethernet and phone.  Turn the OBi upside-down on a flat surface.  
QuoteStraighten a paper clip
[/font][/color].  Find the small dimple with a hole in it, on the now-facing-up bottom of the device.  This the reset switch.  Gently insert the wire and depress the switch until you feel a click.  Keep the switch depressed, while you use your other hand to plug in just the power cord.  Continue to hold the switch down, and wait at least 10 seconds (or more - it won't hurt).  Then release the paper clip, turn the OBi over, and watch while it restores to factory defaults, and then reboots.  When the power LED is solid green, and doesn't change back to flashing, it's done.  What is the Phone LED doing now?  Plug in the phone.  Does the LED change?  If so, what's it doing now?  If it is blinking on and off, while the phone is on-hook, then try another telephone.  If it still blinks, and you do not get a dial tone when you pick up the phone, then the OBi is defective.

drgeoff

Yes a toothpick will work just as well as a paperclip.

chilirock

Unplug the OBi from all three cables:  power, Ethernet and phone.  Turn the OBi upside-down on a flat surface.  Straighten a paper clip.  Find the small dimple with a hole in it, on the now-facing-up bottom of the device.  This the reset switch.  Gently insert the wire and depress the switch until you feel a click.  Keep the switch depressed, while you use your other hand to plug in just the power cord.  Continue to hold the switch down, and wait at least 10 seconds (or more - it won't hurt).  Then release the paper clip, turn the OBi over, and watch while it restores to factory defaults, and then reboots.

Just curious, since I don't know, is resetting using the physical switch on the bottom any more effective than resetting using the IVR or local web UI, e.g. ***8, or Device Update>Reset Configuration>Reset?

drgeoff

Quote from: chilirock on May 13, 2018, 01:37:33 PM
Unplug the OBi from all three cables:  power, Ethernet and phone.  Turn the OBi upside-down on a flat surface.  Straighten a paper clip.  Find the small dimple with a hole in it, on the now-facing-up bottom of the device.  This the reset switch.  Gently insert the wire and depress the switch until you feel a click.  Keep the switch depressed, while you use your other hand to plug in just the power cord.  Continue to hold the switch down, and wait at least 10 seconds (or more - it won't hurt).  Then release the paper clip, turn the OBi over, and watch while it restores to factory defaults, and then reboots.

Just curious, since I don't know, is resetting using the physical switch on the bottom any more effective than resetting using the IVR or local web UI, e.g. ***8, or Device Update>Reset Configuration>Reset?
A reset to defaults is a reset to defaults.  Doesn't matter how it is done, the result is the same.