News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice1 from SP1 to Google Voice2 on SP2

Started by hruk79, April 19, 2018, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hruk79

I am trying to do the sipmplest thing:
A call to GV1 set on the SP1 and want it to be forwarded to GV2, but it always fails.

There is now answer from Obi212 when calling to GV1 on the SP1, it is only about four tones and then sp1 google voice box.

There is now even ring on my GV2.

My changes is very small, both of GV1 GV2 is set up automaticaly.
SP1
X_InboundCallRoute {sp2}
AnonymousCallEnable checked

SP2 {ph}

Both of GV works in stardard mode:
If I change SP1 X_InboundCallRoute {sp2} to {ph} it takes my ring to GV1 and forwards to ph, along with it take my call to GV2 on SP2 and sends it the phone. I can speak and hear too.

Help me, please. Alexey.

azrobert

I don't understand what you're trying to do. When bridging a call like that you need to supply a phone number.
SP1 X_InboundCallRoute: sp2(18005551212)

If you want to get routed to GV#2 voice mail prompt, just use the GV#2 number.

hruk79

I want any person(any number), who calls GV1 went through OBI212 to call to GV2.

azrobert

Do you want any caller on SP1 to be able to make a new call using SP2? You can't just get a dial tone on SP2. You can route the call to the Auto Attendant. At the prompt enter 2 then the outbound number and a # after the 2nd prompt.

SP1 X_InboundCallRoute: aa

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Primary Line: SP2 Service

hruk79

Great. Thank you, I have done as you told and managed to call from my GV1 to aa and to hear the tone and to dial number on GV2. So there are another question

1) How to do call not through GV2, but call to GV2. For example, I call to GV1, and GV2 rings?

Thank you again.

azrobert

If the caller wants to send the call to the OBi212 phone port, they should reply "1" to the Auto Attendant prompt.

You can selectively send calls to the AA based on CallerID. All other calls will bypass the AA and ring the phone port.

CallerID 18005551212 will be sent to the AA. All other callers will be sent to the phone port.
SP1 X_InboundCallRoute: {18005551212:aa},{ph}

If you want to send multiple caller id's to the AA, just separate them with a vertical bar.
SP1 X_InboundCallRoute: {18005551212|18005551313:aa},{ph}

hruk79

Thank you. But I want very simple thing.
I am calling to my GV2 which is SP2 and this call is transmitted to GV2 (sp2) and GV2 is ringing. I want get call not on the ph, but on the GV2(sp2).
I tried
{:sp1} - do not work

SteveInWA

This discussion makes no sense, thanks to your poor English language skills.

Here is how OBi devices work:  you have four different Service Provider (SP1-SP4) configurations.  You can configure each one of those four configuration slots with a different service provider -- Google Voice and/or some other service provider.

The OBi 212 has ONE phone jack.  ALL inbound calls to SP1 through SP4 will ring the ONE telephone that is plugged into the OBi.

The other jack on the 212 is used to plug in a cord connected to some OTHER telephone service.  You cannot plug a phone into that jack.

Assume you have two different Google Voice accounts, "A" and "B".

You configure A on SP1, and B on SP2.

When someone calls EITHER A or B, then the one and only one phone plugged into the OBi will ring.

There is no "forward SP1 to SP2".  There is no point to that.

JLJL

Quote from: hruk79 on April 19, 2018, 09:08:02 PM
A call to GV1 set on the SP1 and want it to be forwarded to GV2, but it always fails.

There is now answer from Obi212 when calling to GV1 on the SP1, it is only about four tones and then sp1 google voice box.

SP1
X_InboundCallRoute {sp2}

SP2 {ph}

If I change SP1 X_InboundCallRoute {sp2} to {ph} it takes my ring to GV1 and forwards to ph, along with it take my call to GV2 on SP2 and sends it the phone. I can speak and hear too.

Help me, please. Alexey.

I think I understand what you mean. Try this. 1234567890 = use your sp2 phone number.

SP1 X_InboundCallRoute:
{sp1(1234567890)}

SP2 X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph}

So when someone calls you at SP1 phone number it makes SP2 ring. This expands on what azrobert wrote here.

Quote from: azrobert on April 19, 2018, 10:58:14 PM
When bridging a call like that you need to supply a phone number.

drgeoff

Quote from: JLJL on April 22, 2018, 03:21:15 AM
Quote from: hruk79 on April 19, 2018, 09:08:02 PM

SP1
X_InboundCallRoute {sp2}

SP2 {ph}

Help me, please. Alexey.

I think I understand what you mean. Try this. 1234567890 = use your sp2 phone number.

SP1 X_InboundCallRoute:
{sp1(1234567890)}

SP2 X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph}

So when someone calls you at SP1 phone number it makes SP2 ring. This expands on what azrobert wrote here.

Quote from: azrobert on April 19, 2018, 10:58:14 PM
When bridging a call like that you need to supply a phone number.
@JLJL
Please explain why this would be preferable to setting the X_InboundCallRoute of both SP1 and SP2 to ph.

hruk79

Dear friends
why nobody understand thing I want to get from OBi?
I want somebody who called to GV2 will make my GV1 to rign. No forwarding. No calling from the name of GV1, only one simple thing. You are calling to GV2 and GV1 is ringing. No phone, no line. I want anybody who calls to GV2 will be ringing to GV1.  

Mary dials the GV2 nubmer and GV1 nuber is ringing. Peter answers a call on GV2. The very simple thing, one person speak on his phone calling to GV2, and talking to person who has GV1 nubmer.

Other wards.
My mothre calls to GV2, it goes to OBI and rings to GV1, my wife gets this call on her GV1. Anyone who calls to GV2 makes to ring all telephones and google talks connected to GV1.

Thanks.

SteveInWA

I told you:

You have ONE OBi box.  You have TWO Google Voice accounts.  One Google Voice account is configured on SP1, and the other account is configured on SP2.

When somebody calls EITHER Google Voice phone number, it will ring the SAME telephone that is plugged into the telephone jack on the OBi.  That is how it works, automatically, by default.  You do not need to do anything special.

hruk79

Forget about phone and ling. I want to dial GV2 number, and have GV1 ringing. If somebody answers a call on GV1 he will speak with person, who dials GV2 number.

SteveInWA

That makes no sense at all.  There is no point to doing that.  Why do you think it is necessary?

azrobert

Are you saying when someone calls the GV2 number the phone attached to the OBi212 doesn't ring?

SteveInWA

Quote from: hruk79 on April 22, 2018, 08:28:23 PM
Forget about phone and ling. I want to dial GV2 number, and have GV1 ringing. If somebody answers a call on GV1 he will speak with person, who dials GV2 number.

The Google Voice service itself isn't ringing, the TELEPHONE is ringing.  The telephone rings no matter which Google Voice number is called, assuming you have properly set up both Google Voice numbers to ring on inbound calls, by check-marking the "Google Chat" box in Google Voice legacy settings.

hruk79

Well, of caurse GV1 connected to hangouts, gmail by google and all of this stuff "ring".
Once again, I want somebody who calls to GV2 number makes to "ring" all devices connected with GV1 number.

Of caurse it a simplest model, and one can think this is not have sense. But the question is, how to do this simple thing? Or it is impossible?

Thank you again.

azrobert

SP2 X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp2(GV1_Number)

The phone attached to the OBi212 will see the caller's CallerID.
All other devices will see the GV2 CallerID.