News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I GIVE UP ON GV!! I need to get to work with consistent phone. Any suggestions?

Started by Microcell, April 26, 2018, 04:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Microcell

I see a long list of OBI compatible carriers. I work from home and probably need to get an old fashioned landline to eliminate these phone issues but I need to work tomorrow and Google Voice doesn't seem to be cutting it today. I am one of the masses that cannot hear the callers that dial in to me, which is difficult working customer service. Who do you all like for VOIP to get me through until I can get a landline installed. I have an obi 200 Thanks ahead for any advice!  

SteveInWA

The fastest/easiest thing to do would be to sign up for a new phone number with one of the SIP VoIP Internet Telephone Service Providers (ITSPs) that has pre-built configurations in the OBiTALK web portal.  Most of us here use either Callcentric or voip.ms, with Anveo coming in third.

Your other option would be to port your Google Voice number out of Google Voice, and into say, Callcentric.  They port in numbers for free.

Here are the instructions for porting out of Google Voice:  https://support.google.com/voice/answer/1065667#xferout

Ignore that page's section header that mentions porting out to a cell phone carrier.  You can port out to ANY US carrier that will accept the number.

Microcell

Betta

I have been using CallCentric for about 2 months on my Obi100 and I am entirely satisfied. Only on one occasion, it didn't connect to an international number; but that could have been a problem on other end. BTW, there is no obsolescence with CallCentric (of Obi100 class ATAs) - as with Google Voice - it is just a SIP device and will work as long as the attached phone.

Kage

What's with CallCentric, their prices seem a little high to me. $19.95 for unlimited outgoing then another $19.95 for unlimited incoming? Might as well get a landline, it's cheaper if you don't make a lot of long distance calls.

If you're working from home doing customer service Google Voice probably won't cut it but what about voip.ms, their prices seem more reasonable, anybody have experience with them?

LTN1