News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call transfer...

Started by karmutt, August 20, 2011, 11:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karmutt

I haven't purchased a box yet; I need to know if it's going to suit my purposes first. It seems to, except for one thing...

I know there is a call transfer feature, but the Admin Guide describes it as "attended" and instructs to "Dial the transfer target.  When the transfer target answers, you will be able to inform them that you intend to connect them with the party on hold.  At this point press the "flash" button or depress and release the switch hook on your phone.  This will connect the party to be transferred, the transfer target and yourself.  You can continue to talk together, as this is now a 3-way call, or you can hang up the phone and the other two parties will remain connected."

What I am able to do now, and what I want to continue to do, is "flash - dial number - number rings - I hang up, dropping out of the loop - whoever the call is transferred to picks up (or if they don't, the call goes to voicemail)." I don't want to have to go through the informing who it is step, I just want to be able to sort of forward the call on.

QBZappy

karmutt,

You may be in luck. That feature may be coming out very soon. (nuff said)

Support for blind transfer via star-code.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

karmutt