News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

All Google Voice calls now showing as Private Number

Started by simpleAnswers, April 27, 2018, 07:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simpleAnswers

Eversince the provisioning issue in which one of my GV account got removed and I struggled to finally add it back. I've now noticed that every single call is showing as private number.

I've tried to look at the AnonymousCallEnable and it is not set. I cannot understand why the Obi202 is still not showing our number like it used to do before. What is even more frustrating is that I backed up my ObiExpert configuration a few months ago and even after restoring it I'm still not able to stop the private number issue.

What else could cause this problem??

drgeoff

Quote from: simpleAnswers on April 27, 2018, 07:05:09 AM
Eversince the provisioning issue in which one of my GV account got removed and I struggled to finally add it back. I've now noticed that every single call is showing as private number.

I've tried to look at the AnonymousCallEnable and it is not set. I cannot understand why the Obi202 is still not showing our number like it used to do before. What is even more frustrating is that I backed up my ObiExpert configuration a few months ago and even after restoring it I'm still not able to stop the private number issue.

Not absolutely clear if you mean your number not showing to recipients when you make calls or caller's number not showing on calls coming into you.

If you mean the latter, the OBi never generates a "Private number" message.  Either that is being sent by GV or it is being generated by your phone.  Have a look at the 202's Call History.  What is it showing against incoming calls?

billsimon

Quote from: simpleAnswers on April 27, 2018, 07:05:09 AM

You're using a Google account that doesn't have a Google Voice number associated with it.

simpleAnswers

Sorry but None of the above applies.

This GV account has a number associated with it, it has had one for years.
I even teste by logging into GV and making a call from GV website which is now HangOuts, it correctly shows the GV number as my callerid I'm calling from.

Again, this was working fine for the last 5 years until this week when the issues started with Obihai dropping the GV account due to the provisioning problems they had. I spent hours trying to get it to accept the GV account until someone else pointed out that Obi were having provisioning issues with GV. I gave up and came back 24 hours later to see that I could restore GV to my Obi202

GV is now available on my Obi again, and the problem is now when I make a call from Obi, my GV number doesn't show instead it witholds the number thus showing a callerid of Private number.

I've tried going into ObiExpert setting and even confirmed AnonymousCallEnable is unchecked on all Providers and still it won't show my GV number as callerid anymore.

billsimon

After you've made a GV call using your Obi, can you see that call in your Google Voice call history?

simpleAnswers

Yes, I've just looked and can see the calls from the Obi in my GV history. I'm out of ideas...

Taoman

Quote from: simpleAnswers on April 27, 2018, 09:01:33 AM

GV is now available on my Obi again, and the problem is now when I make a call from Obi, my GV number doesn't show instead it witholds the number thus showing a callerid of Private number.

What happens if you preface the number you are calling with *68 when dialing?

simpleAnswers

Thanks TaoMan..

When I prefaced *68 on the number I was dialing, the CallerId came through, so that got me thinking that somehow it was disabled from a fat finger dial of *81.

I then looked at the starcodes and saw that if I dial *82 it would fix the problem.

I now have callerid coming through again.

thanks