News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice and Obi FW Upgrades

Started by Ieee696, May 02, 2018, 08:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ieee696

I noticed today that I lost connectivity with Google Voice.  I tried attaching the Obi but kept getting a "Backing Off: Authentication Error".  I tried calling the Obi echo number, but got an error recording.  Lights were both green.

I finally noticed that my FW was out of date and downloaded the newest version.  Tried connecting to Google Voice and magically everything worked.

Does Obi disable functionality when the FW needs to be updated?

During the update I tried to use the automatic update, even waiting 10 minutes or so.  Light stayed green.  Downloaded the FW and tried a manual update.  Same thing.  Tried both several times and the light never went red.

After some time (15 minutes later, maybe 45 minutes after the 1st attempt) I noticed the power light was red.  Later it was green and Obi seemed to work.  A little while later it went red again, then green. 

Are the FW downloads usually this delayed?  Do they stack up if you click the automated update OK several times?

drgeoff

Quote from: Ieee696 on May 02, 2018, 08:59:33 PM
Does Obi disable functionality when the FW needs to be updated?
No.