News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make or receive calls using GVoice since this morning

Started by ubergoober, May 05, 2018, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zyolive

I followed Steve's steps. But I got
Backing Off :
TCP connection to 173.194.203.125 failed
in the status for Google Voice.

I am wondering if anything can be done for this. Thanks!

glenviewjeff

I'm still dead in the water with no Google Voice service with error "Connect Failed: No Response"

zyolive

Quote from: zyolive on May 12, 2018, 11:18:54 AM
I followed Steve's steps. But I got
Backing Off :
TCP connection to 173.194.203.125 failed
in the status for Google Voice.

I am wondering if anything can be done for this. Thanks!

It is noticed that, sometimes, the message shows there is connection to certain IP. But it is quite rare.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

stgtech

Read through this thread, followed steps listed, and still have "Connect Failed: No Response" . Have the latest firmware. Just wanted to add 1 more with the same issue, with the latest firmware.

philc

I'm another user affected by this issue as of the last week or so. 

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 05, 2018, 04:32:31 PM

• Pick up the phone and key in ***8 then 1 to confirm restore to factory defaults.  Wait for it to go through the blinking lights thing for several minutes.
  • Now, plug in the Ethernet cable and go to the OBiTALK dashboard, and click the button to add a device.  Follow the instructions to press **5 xxxx to add your device.
  • After the device is successfully added back, follow the instructions to add Google Voice again.

A couple questions:

Will I have to re-enter all my other settings or are they be preserved on the Obitalk website?  Also, are these steps intended to help with connections, getting audio to work, or both?  I only have the audio issue (I can make and receive calls but hear nothing on either end) and have confirmed the OBiTALK device is present in legacy Google Voice settings after deleting and re-adding google voice in the Obitalk webpage (in addition to refreshing Google Voice app permissions).  I also have the latest FW (3.2.2 Build: 5859EX).

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 05, 2018, 04:32:31 PM
If, after performing these steps, your calls connect, but there is one-way or no audio, check your router to confirm that you have turned OFF SIP-ALG support.  Now that Google Voice uses SIP vs. XMPP, it may be impacted by this formerly-unnecessary setting.

I also disabled SIP-ALG but it didn't help.  :(  I'm assuming I don't need to enable port forwarding on my router in lieu of disabling the SIP-ALG setting?

I'm not sure if this is a factor, but I am still seeing incoming calls on my gmail web page (is that hangouts?).  I only see my cell phone and the OBiTALK Device - XXXX in the legacy google voice settings page (no google chat).

Thanks,

Phil

SteveInWA

Yes, it will reset all your settings, and yes, it should fix your audio issues.

philc

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 14, 2018, 01:10:50 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  I assume you mean the website will also lose all settings, thereby requiring me to re-enter them all manually?

Is there a way to save and restore settings I may be able to try first without breaking out the big hammer?  I have 2 other SIP providers and FreePBX so needless to say there are a lot of non-standard settings for my OBi200 device.  Beyond the notable hassle, I'm worried I'll break something.

Phil

SteveInWA

Quote from: philc on May 14, 2018, 02:21:42 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  I assume you mean the website will also lose all settings, thereby requiring me to re-enter them all manually?

Is there a way to save and restore settings I may be able to try first without breaking out the big hammer?  I have 2 other SIP providers and FreePBX so needless to say there are a lot of non-standard settings for my OBi200 device.  Beyond the notable hassle, I'm worried I'll break something.

Phil

If you would like to try a smaller, less destructive hammer first, then skip the steps about restoring factory defaults, and try deleting the Google Voice SPx slot, and follow the instruction to remove permissions from your Google account, and then re-adding the Google Voice SPx.

glenviewjeff

Just a quick thought on this; when I followed the steps to reset everything, I didn't lose all account information on the portal (for instance my speed dial settings were preserved.) I assume this is correct and expected, right?

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 14, 2018, 02:30:10 PM

Phil

If you would like to try a smaller, less destructive hammer first, then skip the steps about restoring factory defaults, and try deleting the Google Voice SPx slot, and follow the instruction to remove permissions from your Google account, and then re-adding the Google Voice SPx.

philc

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 14, 2018, 02:30:10 PM

Phil

Yes that was my first thought too but sadly it didn't rectify the issue.

SteveInWA

>:(

I'm skeptical that you carefully and completely followed every instruction.  Do NOT try to restore any settings.  Start completely over from scratch.

azrobert

Quote from: glenviewjeff on May 14, 2018, 02:44:17 PM
I didn't lose all account information on the portal (for instance my speed dial settings were preserved.)

Speed dials are defined separately on the portal and will be preserved after a device reset. If you have multiple devices, the same speed dials will be downloaded to all.

corndog

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 14, 2018, 04:39:44 PM
>:(

I'm skeptical that you carefully and completely followed every instruction.  Do NOT try to restore any settings.  Start completely over from scratch.

thanks for this fix. i had this problem this morning, and did most of these steps randomly and no worky. after i followed them to the letter i have service in SP1.

one question, when you say "don't disallow obi provisioning in any way? does that mean i can't override some of the obitalk settings. like the tone settings?

SteveInWA

Glad it fixed your issue.  You can modify any settings you wish, except leave the "Auto provisioning" settings alone.

corndog

great, thanks! i still get the little red exclamation points by anything not device default or obitalk checked, but i assume those are just to signify they are not default.

edit

guess i can do my own research and not be so lazy, Steve has enough to do tonight...

"To the right of the configurable parameter value field, there may be a red exclamation mark (!).  When this mark is present, it means the parameter value next to where it appears has an OBi Expert configuration database entry that is different than the OBiTALK database entry.  If the Device Default and OBiTALK boxes are left unchecked, then the OBi will use this setting in its active configuration."

stgtech

I mentioned earlier I am having the exact same issue as glenviewjeff, same version, same errors. I had a 2nd obi202, that has not been used in a while and decided to swap to see if I could get it to connect. It had an earlier firmware version, said it was connected, then updated to 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) and has the exact same error Connect Failed: No Response.  Are we still waiting for a firmware fix? Did glenviewjeff get yours resolved? Thanks for any help here.

Legacy google voice still shows google chat, not obi devices.

SailingMagnus

Thought I would throw my story in the ring to see if it helps as I too have been having problems since Last Friday May 11th.   Starting first thing that morning neither my wife or I could hear audio/RTP streams for inbound or outbound calls on our ObiTalk 202 adapter, call setup was not a problem.   I was 10+ year veteran Vonage user and know that sometimes the RTP streams can be blocked so I did all my usual reboots, configuration checks but problems persisted.  I searched the web and saw others having problems so I kept looking until I found this thread and decided it was time to follow SteveInWA's steps to see if it would resolve the problem, which it did not.  

Background config:   Spectrum/Brighthouse/Timewarner ISP using their cable Modem in Bridged mode I get 60Mbps down 6Mbps up.    I use a Cisco E4200 Wifi Router and have the MacAddress of the ObiTalk 202 adapter defined in the DMZ, effectively in front of/outside the Wifi Router.   Not a gamer, not a BW hog, relatively quiet network for the BW I have available.   Let me add I have my own Google Voice number and my wife has her own, so effectively the 202 is configured for two Google Voice accounts.   I didn't see the Google Chat setting in Legacy Settings for either account prior to executing Steve's steps and don't see after.   I did see a change to my wife's Voicemail setting post reconfig.   She doesn't want Voicemail on her line and there is no way to turn VM off which there was prior to the upgrade.

1) Prior to Steve's steps no audio/RTP  in or out.   However dialing in/out call setup worked fine
2) After rebooting everything in my network we would get audio/RTP to flow for 5-15 minutes and then it would stop, suggesting it's my network or ISP
3) This morning followed Steve's step to the "T" and audio/RTP worked for 5-15 minutes and then stopped
4) Reboot entire network and now when trying to make outbound call I get message "The number U have dialed has not received a response from the service provider".   Inbound calls don't ring the adapter and go to voicemail.

I'm ready to call my ISP and blame them for blocking something referencing this https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/ports-to-keep-open-on-my-router   FAQ but thought I'd share to see if it's something bigger with Google at this point?

SM in sunny Florida.....

Hour or two later update:  So eventually I got back to the same problem of call setup working but no audio.  I rebooted my Wifi Router and was able to call my ISP.   They confirmed no recent config changes of my cable Modem.  I'm configured in bridged mode and they have a special rule I asked for years ago to resolve a Vonage problem that ports 10K-12K UDP are allowed inbound as that is/was the range Vonage used.  I see ObiTalk uses 10K so I should be good.  I have V3.2.2(5859EX) on the ObiTalk and my Cisco E4200 is running the latest and greatest firmware from Cisco. 

I was hoping Bluescat or SteveInWA might want a customer with repeatable problem to see if they can correlate what's the root cause.  I don't have a network tap to capture packets any more but if I did I'd be sniffing packets at each hop looking for errors.....

CoreyJohn

I'm also still having the same problem, "Connect Failed: No Response (server=64.9.240.172; retry in XXXs)" after trying your instructions for the 5th time.  I still see "Google Chat" when I open the settings to Google Voice, but I'm not certain I'm looking in the correct area and I'm not clear on what I'm supposed to do about it.  Was the process mentioned supposed to resolve that?

If the process was supposed to resolve that, all I can think of is that I'm not deleting all apps that access Google Voice.  Is the deleting of apps supposed to include Google products?  Thanks!

SteveInWA

On the Google account management page:  https://myaccount.google.com/?pli=1 click "Apps with account access".  On the next page, click "MANAGE APPS".  On the next page, delete any apps that have permission to access "Google Chat" or "Hangouts", including OBiTALK, Simonics GVGW, etc.

It should go without saying, but I can't assume anything:  MAKE SURE you are looking at, and managing, the SAME Google account as the one holding your Google Voice number.  It's easy to be signed into multiple Google accounts in the same web browser, so it's critical that you verify the Gmail address associated with your Google Voice phone number.

krowe

I have followed the instructions multiple time to the letter but still I have problems.

Configuration:
OBi202 with firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX)
SP1 = Google Voice #1 status Connected
SP2 = Google Voice #2 status Connected
SP3 = Anveo E911 status Registered
SIP-ALG is OFF on my router
NOTE: My GVoice screen does NOT look like http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13824.0 for either account. The NEW GVoice screen only shows the cell phones that I have linked to the account while the Legacy GVoice screen shows OBITALK Device and the cell phones that I linked to the account. Yes the check is selected for the OBITALK Device

SP1 is working just fine, no issue with outgoing calls and incoming calls are being forwarded to the OBi202 as expected.

SP2 on the other hand, is not working properly. Outgoing calls are working just fine but the problem is with incoming calls. When someone calls GVoice #2, the calls are NOT forwarded to OBi202, however they are forwarded to my linked cell phone.

However, I can place a call from GVoice #1 to GVoice #2 and the call is correctly forwarded to OBi202.

The problem with SP2 appears to be isolated to any incoming call from outside the GVoice network.

Any help is greatly appreciated.