News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make or receive calls using GVoice since this morning

Started by ubergoober, May 05, 2018, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

Quote from: SailingMagnus on May 15, 2018, 09:37:37 AMthey have a special rule I asked for years ago to resolve a Vonage problem that ports 10K-12K UDP are allowed inbound as that is/was the range Vonage used.  I see ObiTalk uses 10K so I should be good.
What port is used by Obitalk is totally irrelevant to a problem you have with GV.

SailingMagnus

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 15, 2018, 02:04:50 PM
On the Google account management page:  https://myaccount.google.com/?pli=1 click "Apps with account access".  On the next page, click "MANAGE APPS".  On the next page, delete any apps that have permission to access "Google Chat" or "Hangouts", including OBiTALK, Simonics GVGW, etc.

It should go without saying, but I can't assume anything:  MAKE SURE you are looking at, and managing, the SAME Google account as the one holding your Google Voice number.  It's easy to be signed into multiple Google accounts in the same web browser, so it's critical that you verify the Gmail address associated with your Google Voice phone number.

When I followed your steps I used two separate computers logged into two separate Google Accounts to remove the Google Voice App and the ObiTalk Quick Setup App from each account.   Both re-appeared after reconfiguring the Obi202 from scratch.   It appears when you reconnect the OBI to Google this popup prompt (picture attached) re-enables those apps.  RU saying those apps should be removed again after following your steps?

Also like the other post regarding newGV Settings screen; mine does not show the Obi 202 adapter, I have to go to Legacy Settings to see it.   Mine does not look like this http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13824.0

SailingMagnus

Quote from: drgeoff on May 15, 2018, 02:40:11 PM
Quote from: SailingMagnus on May 15, 2018, 09:37:37 AMthey have a special rule I asked for years ago to resolve a Vonage problem that ports 10K-12K UDP are allowed inbound as that is/was the range Vonage used.  I see ObiTalk uses 10K so I should be good.
What port is used by Obitalk is totally irrelevant to a problem you have with GV.

Doc that's great to hear....in the past it was always a FW issue with my Vonage adapter.   Can we get a summary status from someone as it appears a bunch of us are trying different recommended fixes with mixed results.   I'll back off and wait for an internal fix if that's what's needed at this point.....

SteveInWA

I haven't heard of "ObiTalk Quick Setup App".

If your devices aren't connecting, then you probably have an issue with your home network, or (unlikely but ya never know) your ISP is blocking SIP traffic.

If you have also experienced problems with your Vonage ATA, that's another sign that you have some other problem, not related to the OBi firmware.

SailingMagnus

Steve,

The problems with my ISP where from 10 years ago when I started using a Vonage adapter...intermittently I'd have RTP one way audio problems and I had them add a rule to my cable modem and nothing changed for years when my Obi202 stopped working last week.   Over the years whenever I had RTP flow problems I'd check these settings again as that's what solved my problems in the past.  I'm convinced from reading all these posts there is a disconnect/mis-configuration in my Google Voice account when I link my Obi202 to my GV account using the steps you and ObiTalk provides.

You didn't answer this question from yesterday:  "When I followed your steps I used two separate computers logged into two separate Google Accounts to remove the Google Voice App and the ObiTalk Quick Setup App from each account.   Both re-appeared after reconfiguring the Obi202 from scratch.   It appears when you reconnect the OBI to Google this popup prompt (picture attached) re-enables those apps.  RU saying those apps should be removed again after following your steps?"    I went ahead and deleted those apps again and over night got this message from ObiTalk: 

"Service Offline Alert -- OBi Device (500326900) is Not Registered

Your voice service is not registering. This could be due to a temporary service disruption or an incorrect login credential.

In most cases, reconfiguring the voice service with the proper login credential will resolve the issue.

This morning looking at my ObiTalk Dashboard both SP1/SP2 show Status: "Connecting to 64.9.242.172;Token Error"  and any attempt to make a call yields the # is not receiving a response from the service provider.   I go into SP1/2 and relink them to each Google Account and the Status changes to "Registration Not Required" and test calls work in both directions on both lines now...how long that lasts is TBD.    But now I have in My 3rd Party Apps, the Apps you say should be deleted (see attached picture).   The GV and ObitTalk setup app appears in my account and only the GV app appears in my wife's account.

This is not an ISP problem IMO since so many others are having problems.   Can you point me in a direction to resolve these questions:
1) My GV Settings screen does not look like this the picture in the Don't Panic post here http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13824.0    Which leads me to believe my GV account has not been upgraded....how do I fix this?
2) You say to delete any 3rd Party Apps that utilize Google Chat, yet to register the ObiTalk to my GV account the 3rd Party App GV has to been installed which uses Google Chat....how do I fix this?
3) You say your not familiar with the ObiTalk Setup App yet I keep getting that installed when I link my account, whom should I contact to determine the need/purpose of that app?
4) I understand GV is free and you get what you pay for.   In this case we have a lot of finger pointing at my ISP, Google Voice, or ObiTalk and in some cases the end user who may not know what they are doing.  I'm pretty fluent in IT but struggle to understand who ultimately owns this problem and how do we get a status update?   It sounds like it's a Polycomm/Obi/Google joint problem given the new software build released to support SIP.   After six days without home phone service a lot of people are scrambling to try to fix their service when maybe all we need to do is wait for the fix to be pushed out....if that's the case I'm ok, just need that info so we are not wasting our time and yours.....

Thanks!   I'm sure it's no fun responding to tons of stupid questions from clueless people so I try to be as through as possible when providing details.   As a final point of detail in the 20+ minutes it took me type this up while making config changes and testing, my RTP stopped working on my GV account after it worked 10 minutes ago.  My Obi Dashboard status now shows Connected for SP1/2

drgeoff

@SailingMagnus
You don't seem to appreciate that "sign up" is not "set up".

SailingMagnus

Quote from: drgeoff on May 16, 2018, 08:24:45 AM
@SailingMagnus
You don't seem to appreciate that "sign up" is not "set up".

Doc!  Your non specific statement intrigues me.  RU saying I need to "sign-up" for new Google Voice Mail accounts vs  set-up my existing accounts to get this to work?   Or are you saying I have to sign-up for a brand new ObiTalk account and add m adapter before I can configure it for GV?    I can do that but that is certainly not what I understood from reading Steve's steps.

Curious in Florida as what you are alluding to...... please enlighten me oh great one!

krowe

Still looking for help here:

I have followed the instructions multiple time to the letter but still I have problems.

Configuration:
OBi202 with firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX)
SP1 = Google Voice #1 status Connected
SP2 = Google Voice #2 status Connected
SP3 = Anveo E911 status Registered
SIP-ALG is OFF on my router
NOTE: My GVoice screen does NOT look like http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13824.0 for either account. The NEW GVoice screen only shows the cell phones that I have linked to the account while the Legacy GVoice screen shows OBITALK Device and the cell phones that I linked to the account. Yes the check is selected for the OBITALK Device

SP1 is working just fine, no issue with outgoing calls and incoming calls are being forwarded to the OBi202 as expected.

SP2 on the other hand, is not working properly. Outgoing calls are working just fine but the problem is with incoming calls. When someone calls GVoice #2, the calls are NOT forwarded to OBi202, however they are forwarded to my linked cell phone.

However, I can place a call from GVoice #1 to GVoice #2 and the call is correctly forwarded to OBi202.

The problem with SP2 appears to be isolated to any incoming call from outside the GVoice network.

Any help is greatly appreciated

SteveInWA

Quote from: krowe on May 16, 2018, 10:34:59 AM

I have followed the instructions multiple time to the letter but still I have problems.

Configuration:
NOTE: My GVoice screen does NOT look like http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13824.0 for either account. The NEW GVoice screen only shows the cell phones that I have linked to the account while the Legacy GVoice screen shows OBITALK Device and the cell phones that I linked to the account. Yes the check is selected for the OBITALK Device

SP1 is working just fine, no issue with outgoing calls and incoming calls are being forwarded to the OBi202 as expected.

SP2 on the other hand, is not working properly. Outgoing calls are working just fine but the problem is with incoming calls. When someone calls GVoice #2, the calls are NOT forwarded to OBi202, however they are forwarded to my linked cell phone.

However, I can place a call from GVoice #1 to GVoice #2 and the call is correctly forwarded to OBi202.

The problem with SP2 appears to be isolated to any incoming call from outside the GVoice network.

How do you know for sure, that the calls are not being forwarded to the 202 on SP2?

Call the problematic Google Voice number from some other number, not from a Google Voice number.  Watch the LEDs on the OBi 202.  Does the right-most, "Phone 2" LED blink? 

Look at the call history on the local web server interface for the OBi (via its IP address, assuming you have enabled WAN access).  Does it show a record of the inbound call you just made to SP2?

krowe

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 16, 2018, 10:48:24 AM

Configuration:

How do you know for sure, that the calls are not being forwarded to the 202 on SP2?

Call the problematic Google Voice number from some other number, not from a Google Voice number.  Watch the LEDs on the OBi 202.  Does the right-most, "Phone 2" LED blink? 

Look at the call history on the local web server interface for the OBi (via its IP address, assuming you have enabled WAN access).  Does it show a record of the inbound call you just made to SP2?

Phone 2 LED does not blink
Call log does not show a record of the inbound call

krowe

Quote from: krowe on May 16, 2018, 11:06:41 AM
Quote from: SteveInWA on May 16, 2018, 10:48:24 AM

Configuration:

Phone 2 LED does not blink
Call log does not show a record of the inbound call

In an attempt to isolate the fault I flip flopped the configuration and the problem followed GV#2 which is now on SP1
new configuration is
SP1 = Goggle Voice #2 status connected
SP2 = Goggle Voice #1 status connected

SteveInWA

Humph.  I don't know why it isn't working, if it is set up just like your other Google Voice number.

You can try this experiment: 

• Delete the failing Google Voice SP configuration (click the trash can icon).  Delete the OBiTALK permissions on the corresponding Google account page.  Sign out of OBiTALK and close the browser tab.
  • Open an "incognito" browsing window in Chrome or Safari (press Ctrl-Shift-N), or a "private" browsing window in Firefox or MSIE (press Ctrl-Shift-P).
  • Create a new Gmail account (make up a new user name).  Follow the instructions here to transfer the Google Voice phone number to the new Gmail account: https://support.google.com/voice/answer/1065667#googlexfer

• In that window, sign into only the existing Google account that holds the Google Voice number with the problem.  Press Ctrl-T to open another incognito/private browsing tab in that same session.  Sign into the newly-created Google account in that second tab.
  • Transfer the phone number to the new Google account.
  • Sign out of the old Google account and close its tab, leaving only the new account open.  Press Ctrl-T again, and sign into your OBiTALK dashboard.  Configure SP2 to use the new Google account.
  • Make some test calls.  Does it work now?

[/list]

toofazt

I'm unable to make or receive calls through OBI200 and google voice since this morning. Was working perfectly for the last year+. Followed Steveinwa's instructions twice and still get the error when trying to place a call: "the number you called has not received a response from the service provider". SP1 status, Connect Failed: No Response. Firmware is 5859EX but legacy google voice still shows the google chat icon... Any ideas?

philc

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 14, 2018, 04:39:44 PM
>:(

I'm skeptical that you carefully and completely followed every instruction.  Do NOT try to restore any settings.  Start completely over from scratch.

I'm not sure if this was a reply to me, but I was not trying to say that I had followed the full instructions.  My goal was to avoid having to re-setup my whole configuration.

In any case, I bit the bullet yesterday and did just that.  Fortunately, it allowed Google Voice to work again which is great news.  However, it did require a fair amount of work to get all my settings back into shape for my FreePBX setup (2 VOIP + GVoice).

That being said, I have cracked the case, at least for my inability to hear audio.

Along the way, I saved off all the settings via XML and screen shots.  When I put things back together I did a comparison of settings and a few stood out to me on the Google Voice front.  Specifically, I noticed a couple differences on the ITSP Profile A for Google Voice:  X_UseSSL was checked before and now it isn't.  KeepAliveInterval was 5 and is now 0.

I went back and re-enabled X_UseSSL and sure enough it brought back my symptom of connecting but no audio!

So, the simple answer is likely the X_UseSSL was a default setting before and it isn't getting cleared on the upgrade to the new FW and Google Voice SIP methodology.  If you are having problems with Google Voice operation, this is an easy thing to check and try:  ITSP Profile X RTP->X_UseSSL should now be disabled (cleared).  For those not familiar, it's in the OBi Expert menu.

Hope this helps.

Phil

toofazt

When I try to add my OBi200 to the dashboard again today I get this error from the obitalk website: 404 Not Found
openresty/1.9.7.4

RFC3261

Quote from: toofazt on May 17, 2018, 09:39:42 AM
When I try to add my OBi200 to the dashboard again today I get this error from the obitalk website: 404 Not Found
openresty/1.9.7.4

Something is not quite right (or not consistently right (some have reported it works for them)) with the portal at the moment.

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13941.0

ksbchee

Followed SeveInWA's steps, fully deleted OBi200, apps in google, verified correct email, no effect.
Still just one ring and the message that ? is not available for this subscriber(1st part is cut off).
If I turn on cell phone that is also linked to same google voice ph#, then obi200 will continue to ring and can be answered.

SteveInWA

Quote from: ksbchee on May 18, 2018, 12:01:41 PM
Followed SeveInWA's steps, fully deleted OBi200, apps in google, verified correct email, no effect.
Still just one ring and the message that ? is not available for this subscriber(1st part is cut off).
If I turn on cell phone that is also linked to same google voice ph#, then obi200 will continue to ring and can be answered.

This is a non-OBi issue.  The key piece of information you provided is the description of the behavior when your cell phone is on or off.

Google Voice, by design, forwards inbound calls to all of your linked phone numbers and OBiTALK devices simultaneously.  Whichever one answers first wins the race and gets the call.  When your cell phone is turned off, it is immediately answering the call and sending it to the cell phone's own voicemail, thus preventing the OBiTALK device(s) from ringing.

To fix this, you need to program your cell phone carrier number to activate Conditional Call Forwarding.  CCF forwards busy or unanswered calls back to your Google Voice voicemail box.  Google Voice is smart enough to know that, if the cell phone loops the call back, while other endpoints are ringing, to just let the others ring.

Each mobile carrier has different commands to enable or disable CCF.  What carrier are you using?

ksbchee

"
This is a non-OBi issue.  The key piece of information you provided is the description of the behavior when your cell phone is on or off.

Google Voice, by design, forwards inbound calls to all of your linked phone numbers and OBiTALK devices simultaneously.  Whichever one answers first wins the race and gets the call.  When your cell phone is turned off, it is immediately answering the call and sending it to the cell phone's own voicemail, thus preventing the OBiTALK device(s) from ringing.

To fix this, you need to program your cell phone carrier number to activate Conditional Call Forwarding.  CCF forwards busy or unanswered calls back to your Google Voice voicemail box.  Google Voice is smart enough to know that, if the cell phone loops the call back, while other endpoints are ringing, to just let the others ring.

Each mobile carrier has different commands to enable or disable CCF.  What carrier are you using?"

SteveInWA,

Thanks for the response.
Unchecking GV call forwarding for wife's cell phone Lycamobile via T-mobile allows more than one ring now on the OBi200.
This is a new thing as I've had it configured that way in GV for several years.
Voicemail is already disabled on her phone but must have been affecting GV somehow now.
And sure enough the message I was hearing when her phone is powered off is Lycamobile's saying the "Facility for this subscriber is not available."

Easy fix really just unchecking call forwarding b/c wife's cell phone is off 99.99% of the time anyway.

Thanks,

Gene

SteveInWA

Quote from: ksbchee on May 18, 2018, 06:53:06 PM
"

Each mobile carrier has different commands to enable or disable CCF.  What carrier are you using?"

SteveInWA,

Thanks for the response.
Unchecking GV call forwarding for wife's cell phone Lycamobile via T-mobile allows more than one ring now on the OBi200.
This is a new thing as I've had it configured that way in GV for several years.
Voicemail is already disabled on her phone but must have been affecting GV somehow now.
And sure enough the message I was hearing when her phone is powered off is Lycamobile's saying the "Facility for this subscriber is not available."

Easy fix really just unchecking call forwarding b/c wife's cell phone is off 99.99% of the time anyway.

Thanks,

Gene

Unfortunately, Lycamobile doesn't support call forwarding, so you can't intelligently manage it when Google Voice  forwards calls.  It worked in the past because your Lycamobile number wasn't picking up the call before the 25 second mark, when Google Voice gives up ringing and takes the call back to Google Voice VM.