News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make or receive calls using GVoice since this morning

Started by ubergoober, May 05, 2018, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi123

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 05, 2018, 10:56:02 AM
Quote from: Malachi123 on June 05, 2018, 10:50:09 AM
Quote from: SteveInWA on June 05, 2018, 10:43:17 AM
Quote from: Malachi123 on June 05, 2018, 10:39:32 AM
Following the steps on page 1, but it's not adding the device back to the dashboard.. help?!

Why not?  What happens?  What error messages do you receive?  Is this a brand new OBiTALK product?  Which model?

If you want help, type more words in your post.  Words are free.

I just removed my post... since I got it to work. It must have been my router somehow (I now have it back the way I had it, as in that I have it linked like: modem -> obi -> router)...

One thing though, before I continue in my endeavors to get it to work: Your first post says to click on the trashcan to remove the device. I didn't have a trashcan (only trashcans are with the SP1-4 setups).. the "Remove Device" is a blue button with text, not a trashcan. Just FYI.. might confuse ppl.

Thanks so far!

Thanks!  Congratulations, after thousands of views, you are the first person to notice that error in the instructions.  It's now fixed.

No problem.. Glad I could help! I guess no one bothers after they've clicked on the correct button. (although I saw someone talking about removing the accounts and adding them back on without results..) I was hesitant to remove the device at first.. but took the plunge after a few minutes nonetheless. Thanks for the update!

Malachi123

Ok.. lotsa frustration here.. Here is what I want on my Obi202 (what I had in the past...)

SP1: GV (number 1) using Phone 1
SP2: Anveo 911 using Phone 1
SP3: GV (number 2) using Phone 2

This used to work, but not anymore..
When I set up
SP1: GV (number 1) using Phone 1
SP3: GV (number 2) using Phone 2
Everything is fine.. but when I add Anveo e911 using Phone 1, it gets funky:

Option 1:
It's set up.. Anveo picks Phone 1 to dial out.
So I call to my cell phone and get: "The number you dialed xxx-xxx-xxxx has not received a response from the service provider"
I look at the config and see that Anveo is using Phone1 to dial out. I check SP1 with GV and see that Phone 1 is NOT available to dial out.. So I mark that checkbox and check Anveo and see it's unchecked now. I dial my cell phone number now and .. yes, it connects, but with a weird phone number in IN. (not sure where that number comes from.. I guess it may be my Obi number). So I go to the GV1 settings and re-confirm.
Then dial my cell phone number and lo and behold, it's working now.
... except that my Anveo cannot use Phone 1 to dial 911 numbers anymore.

What am I missing in the mix here? (almost going crazy... almost.. spending hours and hours on this *&^@#% mess)

SteveInWA

Do NOT try to set the Anveo SP to be the default for outbound calls, since that is not what you are paying Anveo to do.  Set your desired Google Voice number as the default for outbound calls.  Set the Anveo SP to "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls".  The OBiTALK portal will automatically modify your digit map to always use the Anveo SP when 911 is called.

Malachi123

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 05, 2018, 12:06:14 PM
Do NOT try to set the Anveo SP to be the default for outbound calls, since that is not what you are paying Anveo to do.  Set your desired Google Voice number as the default for outbound calls.  Set the Anveo SP to "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls".  The OBiTALK portal will automatically modify your digit map to always use the Anveo SP when 911 is called.

Ok, I had that box checked (for 911 calls).. but ok, I'll keep it off the default for outbound calls. Thanks!

VegasTech

Sorry for not posting back for awhile.  I've been dealing with a server issue for a client.

What I wanted to try was to bypass my TM-AC1900 router and connect directly to the Mobley device.  This is my basic setup.

AT&T Cell Network<--->ZTE Mobley<--->TM-AC1900<--->Obi200

I purchased a Obiwifi stub adapter for the Obi200 and connected to the Mobley, so the setup is now like this.

AT&T Cell Network<--->ZTE Mobley<--->Obi200

The setup worked fine at first, but fell offline again after about 5 minutes.  That's the same as I saw connected to the TM-AC1900.  Again, I have another Obi device connected to simonics.com with the sip protocol and works perfectly.

While the Mobley device performs some router functions (as well as NAT) there are virtually no options, so there's nothing really to try there.

What I'm thinking now is that the AT&T network isn't letting keepalive communications between the Obi200 and Google to take place.  Without receiving keepalive communications one side or the other gives up and drops the connection.  I can get back online temporarily by rebooting the Obi device, and as long as I'm engaged in a conversation it won't drop, but otherwise the connection drops after a short while.

Is there some way to verify keepalive communications?  Can it be done on a different port?  Could sending keepalive bits more often help?

Pelonchas

Hi everyone, something funny its happening to my device.

Last Monday 2018-07-02 my OBi1062 stop working normally.

My config:
Sp1 - Google Voice    -- Working OK
Sp2 - Sip Provider     -- NOT Working
Sp3 - Sip Provider     -- NOT Working

SP2 and SP3 is the same provider but different phone number, both can register without a problem.

If I receive a inbound call from SP2 or SP3, when I pick up the call, the phone immediately reboots.
If I place a call thru SP2 or SP3, the device immediately reboots when the other party pick up my call.
Last week everything works flawlessly on GV Sp2 and SP3

I called support to SP2/3 provider and everything its normal, and it is, because I configured my old OBi-110 with the same set up as should be on the OBi1062, but both lines work perfectly on the OBi-110.

The OBi1062 and OBi110 are on the same network, so I discard any problem related to the router.

The Obi1062 firmware installed is 5.1.11 (Build: 4858EX.1311) I don't know if this last weekend a new firmware update was push to the device.

------- PROBLEM UPDATE     --------

I think that there's something wrong with the firmware 5.1.11 (Build: 4858EX.1311).

I already try the following and the problem persist.
-Factory Reset .
-Configure SIP provider, without configuring Google voice at obitalk.com
-Same Result, phone reboots when pick-up call, inbound or outbound.

My conclusion is that something wrong with the firmware 5.1.11, because I configured the same SIP provider configuration at an old OBi-110, and I also configure the same sip provider at a brand new out from the box OBi1062 with the firmware 5.0.0 (Build: 3131.1311), and on both devices the SIP provider works flawlessly; All devices are connected to the same network, so any LAN problem is discarded.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

KCB2517

@SteveInWA - Thanks for your help.  I went from being able to make calls out but no sound to being able to make calls out with sound.  I've read thru all 8 pages of discussion.  In GV Legacy I do have the OBiTALK Device.  This showed after your procedures.  I manually deleted the Chat item.  All this and I still wasn't getting incoming calls.

I just happened to looked at the Obi200 device as I was calling it (it is behind me) and notice that Phone LED was flashing.

SOOOO, it definately helps to have the ringer turned on to get incoming calls.  All the test calls and I didn't once pickup up the phone connected to the Obi200 and see if it was getting the call. 

Thanks again.  I'm working.  (I will run thru more tests tomorrow.)
KC

SteveInWA

Quote from: VegasTech on June 08, 2018, 04:55:58 PM

I purchased a Obiwifi stub adapter for the Obi200 and connected to the Mobley, so the setup is now like this.

AT&T Cell Network<--->ZTE Mobley<--->Obi200

As RFC3261 has pointed out, the Mobley was not designed for your use case.  Casual web browsing or similar activity should work, but anything that requires a low-latency, low-jitter, stable connection (as does VoIP) won't work reliably or at all.  You would need a strong, reliable 4G connection for stable VoIP use.

Aside from that, it was also mentioned that AT&T stopped selling these things, after people started using them as their overall ISP, and it's likely that they may block or throttle VoIP, but it's just not worth any further examination.

VijayM

Thanks for the detailed steps for no incoming calls issue. I followed all the steps but still have the problem.

Finally transferring to another account and transferring back worked for me as mentioned in https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/voice/pTxwyupsmh8/h7bNBi2mAgAJ

philts

newly ported GV number FINALLY rings my Obi202 after I did the GV number TRANSFER to a new GV account!!!

THANK YOU, SteveInWA and all others who are willing to help. VERY generous of you, SPECIALLY SteveInWA.

A brief background-
After ported in my number from a MVNO wireless carrier (H2O Wireless) to a GV account (on 7/22/2018 and 24 hours turnaround) and set up my Obi202 to connect to it, I encountered the very same issue like many had reported here - I can call out but CANNOT get the incoming ring from numbers other than a GV number using hangout to my Obi202(connecting to a phone, of course).
- Before the port-in, this existing GV account has a number that works with ObiTalk. I deleted it after the new number was ported in and deleted all the settings/permission on both Obitalk and the GV account.
-I have about 10 GV accounts and used my Obi202 with them for years with NO issue.
-I have set up/deleted new GV accounts and had ObiTalk configuration set up to work with them pretty much at will and ALL WORKED EVERY SINGLE TIME.
-I followed everything SteveInWA painfully detailed and kindly repeated to delete/reset the GV account, ObiTalk settings, and Obi202 box and NOTHING worked until I transferred the number to a newly setup GV account.

This seems to indicate that ObiTalk connection configuration somehow treats this specific number differently.
I hope Obihai/Polycom take note and figure out what's wrong.
THANK YOU again, SteveInWA!!!

SteveInWA

I'm glad you got it to work.  There is an obscure bug that is causing this, typically in scenarios like yours, where you port in a number and delete another number.  Google is aware of it, but at this time, the only workaround is to temporarily remove the number and then add it back, by performing the account transfer procedure.

As for having about 10 Google Voice numbers, you should be aware that acquiring multiple numbers is a violation of Google Voice's Terms of Use, and you risk one or more of them being shut down.

If you want to use Google Voice for business purposes, there is a brand-new offering, now in a free beta stage, of Google Voice for G Suite:

https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2018/07/google-voice-eap.html

Redw00d

People here are just Begging for answers... many many threads on:

200/202 doesn't ring... but, outbound calls ok...

I have spent another morning, creating new google talk number/account, etc, etc...

COULD SOMEONE FROM OBIHAI JUST BE HONEST AND COME HERE AND SAY, WE DON'T KNOW, ITS NOT WORKING, YES YOU BOUGHT A NEW DEVISE THAT PROMISED TO WORK WITH GOOGLE TALK, BUT, IT DOESN'T, AND WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS... PLEASE, JUST BE HONEST, STOP WITH THE BS POSTS ABOUT, BE MORE SPECIFIC, ETC... USERS ARE TRYING, BUT, NO FIXES , OH WELL

retasker

I have had the problem on no incoming calls going through.  The only way I was able to solve it was to create a new Google account, transfer the number to it and set up the OBI200 using the new account.

Transferred the number the number back to the old account (which I would rather use since it is my main and was only Google account) and the problem is there again.

New account works 100%, old account only works for outgoing calls.

SteveInWA

Please don't post the same issue in multiple other threads.

excel4x

I have been having this problem on as well since May, 2018 on my OB200. Incoming calls often go straight to voicemail and phone does not ring. Obitalk status says connected on my OB200 device and the portal. Sometimes I can get status (**9...), sometimes I get an error. Sometimes I can call outbound, sometimes not. Rebooting the OB200 corrects the problem for a while, but it does not last.

Today I tried something different when incoming calls failed. I logged into google voice and edited/saved settings without making any changes. I was then able to receive incoming calls. But, like before, this did not last. Not sure if this helps isolate the issue. Very frustrating!

Digitalman42

The instructions worked but only AFTER I created a new gmail account, transferred my number to it, then deleted all the config in the obitalk dashboard, and then transfered my number back, then re-added my obitalk 200.  Nothing appears in the gvoice settings under calls, but when I clicked "transfer" it took me to the legacy config screen and there, finally, was my obitalk 200 .

D_in_forum

I have been having very similar issues reported on this forum. Ultimately it turned out to be router settings that I needed to change. I got my information from "Obihai and Google Voice for Free Calls in 2018" - /https://www.whichvoip.com/obihai-google-voice.htm. Note that there is a link on this page to "Obihai OBi200 Review" - /https://www.whichvoip.com/phone-adapter/obihai/obi200-review.php that has the firewall settings. The page then goes on to suggest to change the device address now on the OBi 200 configuration (from teh default DHCP).

Again - the firewall settings were changed on the router; the IP address settings on the OBi 200.

I am not certain if only one of the above changes were needed or both.

I next deleted and readded the Google Voice configuration on SP1 and after about two minutes - it now works. From the home phone connected to OBi 200 I can make an outgoing call. The number that shows up is my google voice number.

From another phone such as my cell phone I can call the google voice number and it rings my home phone.

SteveInWA

Quote from: D_in_forum on December 08, 2018, 01:50:03 PM
I have been having very similar issues reported on this forum. Ultimately it turned out to be router settings that I needed to change. I got my information from "Obihai and Google Voice for Free Calls in 2018" - /https://www.whichvoip.com/obihai-google-voice.htm. Note that there is a link on this page to "Obihai OBi200 Review" - /https://www.whichvoip.com/phone-adapter/obihai/obi200-review.php that has the firewall settings. The page then goes on to suggest to change the device address now on the OBi 200 configuration (from teh default DHCP).

Again - the firewall settings were changed on the router; the IP address settings on the OBi 200.

I am not certain if only one of the above changes were needed or both.

I next deleted and readded the Google Voice configuration on SP1 and after about two minutes - it now works. From the home phone connected to OBi 200 I can make an outgoing call. The number that shows up is my google voice number.

From another phone such as my cell phone I can call the google voice number and it rings my home phone.

That is very old, obsolete information.  There are no router or firewall settings needed at all.

DG3CA

I wonder if those who paid for support are getting their issues resolved? Because those of us who didn't are getting jack squat for a full 24 hours now.

SteveInWA

Quote from: DG3CA on December 08, 2018, 04:45:38 PM
I wonder if those who paid for support are getting their issues resolved? Because those of us who didn't are getting jack squat for a full 24 hours now.
Hunh?

Obihai personnel rarely respond to this forum; it's mostly volunteer-supported, and it has nothing to do with paid support.

It looks like this particular problem has / had nothing to do with Obihai; it was a server IP address change by Google.