News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot select number menu option during call......call disconnects

Started by hytek, May 10, 2018, 10:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hytek

I found an answer to this question after many hours of searching awhile ago. I cannot find the post again and I had to reset my Obi 100 which wiped out the setting.

On Google Voice when I make a call and the recipient automated system asks you to make a number selection and press a key the thing drops the call every time. A great person made a suggestion to change a simple drop down menu setting on the Obi and it worked. Damn if I can find the setting again. Any help please?   ???

azrobert

My wild guess is DTMF Method.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> General -> DTMFMethod

Try all the options.

hytek

Thanks I found the original post finally. You were absolutely right. I had to change the DTMF method to "Inband" from "Auto" and it worked fine once again. Thanks for responding my friend.  :)

hytek

Now I found a new issue. When I make changes to the settings like "inband" for instance the next time I go back it is reset to the default "auto". I hit the submit button at the  bottom of the GUI page and rebooted the Obi 100 and next time I go back it didnt' take the new setting. It reverted  back to the default setting. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong here?

azrobert

You can only use one method, local interface or OBiTalk to configure your OBi.
If you use the local interface to configure your OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

You won't be able to make changes from the portal with provisioning disabled.

OR

Use OBi Expert to make the DTMF change.