News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[1032] Message waiting indicator light won't turn off

Started by Marc, May 10, 2018, 01:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Considering all the GV problems, this is quite minor.  But I wonder if maybe it's a bug with the latest firmware.

1032 on 5.1.11 (Build: 4858EX.1311)
- GV is now working (SP1)
- Also have two callcentric DIDs connected (SP3 & SP4) (Both share 1 voicemail box)

After fighting with my 1032 and 202 today as problems were many due to the GV changeover... I got everything functioning again, except the darn message waiting indicator light.  I had 1 new message in the callcentric voicemail box which I listened to and deleted.  The light did not go out.

I checked the callcentric website and there were no messages listed.  I even deleted the one old fax that was sitting there, just for good measure.  I went to GV legacy website and marked all messages and VMs as read, again just for good measure.  I have had unread messages in the legacy site for at least as long as the new GV site has been available... it's never been an issue before.  But no change, indicator light is still lit.

I double checked the unused SPs on both devices to make sure there was no residual information in there, there was none.

A few days ago, the last time I payed attention, the light worked properly, going on and off as appropriate for the callcentric VM box. I can't pinpoint the time, but in the past 24 hours the firmware was updated... and now the light won't go out.

Thoughts?

Possible bug?
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

ProfTech

I'm not familiar with the 1032 but it is possible that your phone "missed" the message to turn off the light [for whatever reason]. The 110 and I believe the 200 series have a setting that you can make to manually turn off the light. Once you do, all may be Ok from then on.

SteveInWA

AFAIK, Google is not supporting VMWI (the indicator light).  I'm hoping that can be added at some point in the future.  So, I don't know why your phone's LED is on.

On My 1032, in Expert mode, under Calling Features for my Google Voice SPs, MWI and VMWI are disabled.

Marc

Ah, thanks for screenshot.  It led me to the culprit...  As with yours, my GV SPs settings were off.  The settings for Callcentric were on.  But the problem SP was my currently offline asterisk server...  It's been offline for well over a month and hadn't been an issue, but when I set those two setting to default and rebooted, the light went off.

Really appreciate your help and your in depth knowledge of these phones.

Thank you.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.