News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't call out or in

Started by alm260, May 14, 2018, 10:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alm260

I just recently ported our landline to Google Voice and purchased the Obi200 device.  And it seems we've had nothing but issues ever since.  Everything was set up correctly.  I even disconnected the number in the settings online and reinstalled the number.  I unplugged the unit for 2 minutes while doing all that and it still didn't help.  Unplugged my router for 2 minutes and that didn't fix it either.

The problems are as follows (different things happen at different times):

1.  I call out and hear the phone ring 3 times then hear a click and a dial tone.  (This happens often).  Sometimes it may take me 3 tries before reaching someone and sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

2.  I called at least two different people and get an error message that says, "the number you dialed was rejected by the service provider, the reason is 603".  What does that mean?  How do I stop that from happening?

3.  Others have called me and I hear the phone ring but go to answer and all I get is a click and dial tone.

This is super aggravating as we use this number for our business and need it to work!  I'm starting to regret ever signing up for Google Voice and Obitalk.

SteveInWA

This is exactly why I advise people to not use Google Voice as their main business phone service.

You can try to fix it yourself.  See:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076