News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone connection/quality issues with my 1062

Started by wpsb, May 18, 2018, 04:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpsb

I have a 1062 that is wirelessly connected to the internet. I'm using Google Wifi around the house and normally have no internet issues (150/150 speed). Recently people have been complaining that they sometimes can't hear me OR they get disconnected OR they can't understand me (almost like a bad cell connection).

Any suggestions what might be causing it? Anything I can do to improve the quality of the calls? Anyone else having issues?

I may try to switch it to wired and see if it fixes the problem but was curious if there is anything else i can do so i can avoid running a wire.

Thanks!

SteveInWA

Hi:

It is very likely your WiFi signal, unless you happen to have a problem with your Internet service.  Raw internet speed is not the primary factor for reliable VoIP.  When you watch a video or download files, the systems can buffer the data to make up for dropouts or other signal problems.  VoIP is real-time, and it's highly sensitive to network problems.

Plug the phone into an Ethernet connection, and see if the problem goes away.  If you still have the problem, then you have an ISP or LAN issue.  If the calls are very clear in both directions over Ethernet, then you have a WiFi issue.

The range on the OBiWiFi connections isn't that great.  If you have a dual-band router, try connecting via the 5GHz channels and via the 2.4GHz channels and see which one works best for you.