News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Started by bill-cary, May 20, 2018, 10:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill-cary

I had 4 GV #s configured on my OBI200.
The primary line on SP1 stopped working during this changeover fiasco. Nothing I did worked so I finally did a ***8 1 to factory reset (after I tried the reset button).
After each reset I tried to configure the GV# on the portal. All it does is sit there configuring, finally telling me the OBI is offline - after it sent code to server and server rcvd it and proceeded with setup (obviously).
The same thing happens when I try to configure the previously working SP2 GV#.
or the previously working SP3 GV# or SP4. It comes back and tells me that SP1 is offline.

DID my OBI200 SP1 die==or WHAT is going on with this Polycom system???

Router is configured for port forwarding and DMZ - but it previously worked for a long time without this b4 it died.

booters

Same problem here....

Just bought the new OBi200 device to replace the OBi100 that's worked like a champ for years.  I use one GV number and Anveo 911.

I deleted the old device and went to add the new device.  Like Bill reported, the portal sits showing configuring for several minutes and then shows Off-Line.  I've  factory reset, rebooted and updated FW to 3-2-1-5757EX without success. 

Since my unit is new and showing Active Hardware Warranty and Premium Technical Support, I'll see what they have to say.

drgeoff

It is not unknown for Obihai's back end stuff to fail and when it happens during a weekend it doesn't get fixed until the Monday at the earliest.

booters

Yep....  very likely.  Thanks.

I started to do this setup last night but the Obitalk Portal was down for scheduled maintenance.  This issue could be an unintended artifact of the changes made then.

Cheers.

bill-cary

thanks booters
my f/w version is 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX)
I suppose it is possible yours is not update enough

waiting to hear what OBI has to say

BBRENDY13

I too just purchased and received my OBI200 to replace my OBI100. Received it today and am having nothing but issues trying to configure it. I have GV on SP1 (just shows "Service Not Configured") and Anveo911 on SP2 (also shows "Service Not Configured"). I'm on firmware 5757EX so maybe that's the issue??? I created a support ticket but don't have a clue if anyone will get back to me. Kinda dissapointed...

Yasko

Hello World.
Glad I'm not the only one having these issues. I purchased an OBI200 for my parents. I'm able to add the device to the OBITalk account without incident, but when I attempt to add the GV settings, it displays "Configuring" for several minutes before changing to "Offline."

It also doesn't seem to be doing any automatic firmware updates. I got the "orange triangle" advising an update was available, but clicking it just takes me to a forum post. When attempting the ***6 method, I hear "please wait" several times before the call just drops/resets to dial tone. What gives???

When I browse to the OBI device IP and look at System Management, the Auto Firmware Update "FirmwareURL" is blank. I manually updated it to 3-2-1-5757EX and again last night to 3-2-2-5859EX after some help from a colleague. No change.

Waiting for email response from them, as at this point the thing is a lightweight square hockey puck.  >:(

erinnerdich

I have been seeing the same behaviour while trying to setup Anveo for the first time. Received confirmation of my account, etc., but SP1 is Offline, and the device itself seems to be not configured.

drgeoff

Quote from: erinnerdich on May 21, 2018, 07:40:51 AM
I have been seeing the same behaviour while trying to setup Anveo for the first time. Received confirmation of my account, etc., but SP1 is Offline, and the device itself seems to be not configured.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13978.msg89892#msg89892. Posts by myself and RFC3261.

ahjoe

I am having the same problem..  I have 3 OBI200 in my house with 3 separate google voice accounts. 

Device 1 works ok and has been connected for a while
Devices 2 and 3 are new (1 with 3.2.2 5859, other with 3.2.1 5757) - both will not work .. same offline message after long "configuring" message. 

• Tried connecting to Device 1 google account, still will not work
  • Rebooted both router, device, even performed factory reset

I can see all 3 devices connected to my router via the IP address..  for the 2 offline devices, the status of most items are still set to "default". 

I spent about 5 hours yesterday trying to figure it out... Hope someone can help.
Joe

drgeoff

If the problem is with Obihai's backend gear, then there is NOTHING anyone else can do until that is fixed.

bill-cary

I guess it is a good thing for Polycom that they have no competition supplying similar service - for a phone system their level of service is 0. Sure don't want to throw away another $10. on this level of service.

I have one line on Simonics - unfortunately they are not signing up any right now else my other 4 would be there now. apparently, everyone else beat me to it.

RFC3261

Quote from: bill-cary on May 21, 2018, 08:43:06 AM
I have one line on Simonics - unfortunately they are not signing up any right now else my other 4 would be there now.
Bill may, or may not, be able to thread the needle with the pending GV changes (some success has been reported in other forums when emulating OBi devices, and there is apparently a closed beta going on, but whether any of those efforts are sustainable (or are just a flash (bad POTS joke)) is currently unknown).  I think it is quite prudent (and ethical) to suspend signing up new customers until the future is clearer.  I expect we will hear more soonish.

bill-cary

thx for the comeback RFC. My Simonic line is still working but it is up in the vacation house. I guess I need to check and see if I can config a line on this OBI for it so I can have a "landline" here instead of having to use cell minutes.
Do you know if that is possible?

azrobert

I couldn't sign into OBiTalk or the forum, but it's fixed now. Maybe they shut everything down to fix a problem, so try again.

After you reset the OBi200, did you delete it from the portal and then add it like a new device?

Taoman

Quote from: bill-cary on May 21, 2018, 09:36:43 AM
thx for the comeback RFC. My Simonic line is still working but it is up in the vacation house. I guess I need to check and see if I can config a line on this OBI for it so I can have a "landline" here instead of having to use cell minutes.
Do you know if that is possible?

Since you already have a Simonics account you can be in the beta test (using SIP instead of XMPP). So far the beta seems to be going well.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31966059-Google-Voice-Gateway-beta-test-for-SIP-interop

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on May 21, 2018, 10:11:15 AM
I couldn't sign into OBiTalk or the forum, but it's fixed now.
Ditto.  Perhaps they rebooted the single PC that hosts this forum and runs the setup stuff.  ;)

RFC3261

Quote from: drgeoff on May 21, 2018, 10:19:33 AM
Ditto.  Perhaps they rebooted the single PC that hosts this forum and runs the setup stuff.
It is all hosted in AWS, but it may be they are rolling their own on an EC2 instance rather than using AWSs various managed services (which can be configured to auto-scale, detect (and resolve) failures, etc.).

In any event, all's well that ends.

bill-cary

I now have my "landline" via my vacation phone which was registered with Simonics.
I have 2 SIPs configured. Nice!
The OBI sites are now opening FAST, They were not this AM, and you say the problem is "fixed".
So now I must try to configure my GV # on OBI for the 53rd time. Not sure I am up for this.......but here goes.........

chilirock

Quote from: drgeoff on May 21, 2018, 10:19:33 AM
Quote from: azrobert on May 21, 2018, 10:11:15 AM
I couldn't sign into OBiTalk or the forum, but it's fixed now.
Ditto.  Perhaps they rebooted the single PC that hosts this forum and runs the setup stuff.  ;)
@drgeoff, That made me laugh, the visual I had in my mind when I read it was funny and scary at the same time. What's not so funny is that this has occurred multiple times in the past 7 days.

And without access to the portal, there is no way to configure or change Google Voice services. Any if you are like me, who configure other services through the portal, you are pretty much at their mercy.