News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 not working

Started by vadim, May 20, 2018, 11:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadim

On May 16, 2018 my OBI 200 device stop working( I think). That good I had an Extended warranty. I have sent the unit back to claim department and received a credit. Before the unit has been  sent,I have tried to do a Factory reset of the unit. It did not work.OBI did not recognized my phone connected to the unit. The phone did not have any sounds. I have tried multiple phones to connect. I have followed an instruction how to Reset OBI200 and removed my unit from the OBI dashboard, then I went to Google Voice account and also removed the OBI unit registered there. Before removing the unit from Google Voice account , I have been receiving callers' voice  messages from Google. After I have removed the OBI from the Google Voice, I stopped receiving any messages from the callers on my Google account. When someone calls the message says: ''We could not complete your call. Please try again". Does anybody know why my Google voice account became unresponsive? I will install new OBi soon, but what will be with my current Google Voice number which I had for 20 years on my home phone?
Please help me to solve this problem if you know how.
Thank you in advance.

drgeoff

Your GV phone number is associated with your Google account. Swapping out an Obi has no effect on the number.

vadim

Thank you drgeoff for replying. I understand that also.Why now GV has this message, when somebody calls me?

SteveInWA

Come back here again AFTER you receive your new device.  It's impossible to figure out a cause, based on your description of what is happening.