News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

where is Obitalk support?

Started by spinedoc777, May 22, 2018, 09:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinedoc777

I'm having a lot of issues with my OBI202.  Lot's of failed outgoing calls with "no service configured" errors, lots of incoming calls with no ring just go to voicemail, lots of echo when talking, etc.  But other times the phones work perfectly with no issues.

Anyhow my hardware support is expired, so I paid the extra money on Amazon to extend it.  I put in a service ticket through obitalk about 2 weeks ago and no one ever responded.  I put in another ticket for the same issue a few days ago, and another one just today, still no response.  I seem to recall there used to be  a phone number to contact them directly, but I'm not sure as that was a while ago.  Is there any trick or way to get support?  Even if they respond to my tickets (which they have not) it seems really bad to have to wait days or weeks when I'm trying to run my business off of this.  Just for the record I have no issue at all paying extra for a commercial or business support contract, especially if it lets me simply call in and get support.

Any advice? 

madhatter

I've seen the same thing on my OBI 200 with extended support.  They used to be pretty good about getting back to me on problems, but no more... I have an open issue that hasn't been resolved since I opened it on 5/22.   OBIextras Import Contacts Fails.  I'm suspecting they've had some layoffs or some of their key techies have left.

SteveInWA

Quote from: madhatter on June 17, 2018, 07:17:47 AM
I've seen the same thing on my OBI 200 with extended support.  They used to be pretty good about getting back to me on problems, but no more... I have an open issue that hasn't been resolved since I opened it on 5/22.   OBIextras Import Contacts Fails.  I'm suspecting they've had some layoffs or some of their key techies have left.

"Fake news".  They aren't laying anyone off.  In fact, they have open job positions.

madhatter

... or some of their people have quit ... at any rate they are not very fast at solving the problem with uploading google contacts ... fake news or not

SteveInWA

Ya know, I just took it on faith that the import function was broken, based on your post.  In fact, it was fixed, and it works just fine.  I tested it just now, and it properly imported my contacts to my phone.

So:  PEBCAK.

madhatter

first, thanks for your effort, you did get me mildly enthused that maybe this is fixed; but I just tried again and the import failed.

second, it would be PIBKAC not PEBCAK

spinedoc777

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 17, 2018, 02:10:42 PM
Quote from: madhatter on June 17, 2018, 07:17:47 AM

"Fake news".  They aren't laying anyone off.  In fact, they have open job positions.

I hope they fill those positions up soon.  It's been almost a month since I first paid my $10 for extended support and contacted them, and no support at all.  I'm tempted to call that $10 a scam and do a charge back, but I'm going to email them again and try to see if someone responds.

madhatter

don't forget, it was $10 (or was it $20) for support PLUS the additional for OBIEXTRAS.  The only reason I bought EXTRAS was to get the callerid function from uploading Contacts.  They have responded to me 6 times since April 27th, and each time they either say they are working on it or "try it now", which never has worked.

madhatter

I will put a call in to Mary McDowell's office tomorrow or Monday and let Polycom know what is (or isn't) going on.

madhatter

Good news, for those having trouble with contacts in Extras, Obi did get back to me a couple days ago saying that they had downloaded a new firmware to my OBI200 and to try uploading contacts into OBIEXTRAS.  It worked. 

spinedoc777

Just wanted to update that no one ever responded to my emails for tech support, I paid $10 for this which is of course now expired.  I'm not sure if this is outright fraud or what, but I got charged for a service which was never provided.  Does anyone have a number or email where I could escalate this?