News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1062 for the home or Business only?

Started by KVChmiel, May 21, 2018, 07:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KVChmiel

Good day.  I recently purchased the OBi1062 for my home office.  All that I read before purchasing, lead me to believe that I would be able to create OBiTalk and GV accounts and have this up and running.  What I am encountering is a different story altogether.
All this makes me wonder if I need to have a different network or phone architecture than a home setup to get this working. 
All help would be greatly appreciated.

drgeoff

There are several posts about similar problems.  See my comment at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13971.msg89852#msg89852.  I believe Obihai is headquartered on the west coast of the US.

KVChmiel

So how about the phone displaying  "The OBi has not been properly provisioned." indication?  Could this also be due to the OBi back end issues?
One other thing that I am noticing is that, in the weblogin page, under SP1 Service status I have  "Status: Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=92.242.140.21:5060; retrying)"
I have tried using a typical TCP ping command for that IP and it fails as well.

RFC3261

Quote from: drgeoff on May 21, 2018, 07:16:43 AM
I believe Obihai is headquartered on the west coast of the US.
They are in the greater SF Bay Area (Silicon Valley).  In any event, as you state, if failures in their infrastructure happen it can take until the next business day regular hours to recover their systems.  I am guessing that with all the recent infrastructure changes to support the new GV that some of the systems are experiencing new failure modes, making outages more likely (and then customers have to wait until business hours, which when it happens on a weekend can seem like a long time).