News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can't get obi200 to go online

Started by htpcmaster, June 13, 2018, 11:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

htpcmaster

Help. I just bought the obi200 and it will not go online because it needs a firmware update. I tried the automatic update and the manual update. Neither worked. The manual just comes back with a "checksum error". The phone update just hangs up and will not update.
So. it's the chicken or the egg analogy. Can't update because it will not go online.
Can't go online because it will not update. Tried removing the device and started from scratch. I am at a loss. Anyone have any ideas before I send this back?

drgeoff

What do you mean by "online"?  And who or what has told you that it cannot go "online" because it needs a firmware update?

You should be able to make a successful call to the echo test number **9 222 222 222 with any OBi regardless of the firmware version.  You should be able to add the device to your dashboard (the **5 xxxx procedure) regardless of the firmware version.  Have you been able to do both of those?

bill-cary

Hey NEWBEE HTPCMASTER
It would be considerate of you to close out your posts and answer people who take the trouble and time to answer you.