News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Why aren't my device models shown on the dashboard page?

Started by richfell, May 24, 2018, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richfell

I get emails every with info pertaining to different OBi models.  So I'll check the dashboard to see if this email might apply to me and It seems to tell me everything else BUT the model.  It's been long enough that I forget which model I have.  My box is back in a walk-in closet where all the service lines come in, out of sight, out of mind.  Sure would be nice to be able to see my model right on the dashboard.

RFC3261

Quote from: richfell on May 24, 2018, 02:40:46 PM
So I'll check the dashboard to see if this email might apply to me and It seems to tell me everything else BUT the model. 
The model is the first word after the little icon under the "My OBi Devices" column (at least for me).  What does your dashboard look like?

richfell

Quote from: RFC3261 on May 24, 2018, 02:59:14 PM
Quote from: richfell on May 24, 2018, 02:40:46 PM
So I'll check the dashboard to see if this email might apply to me and It seems to tell me everything else BUT the model. 
The model is the first word after the little icon under the "My OBi Devices" column (at least for me).  What does your dashboard look like?

Mine does not show the model.  But what you made me realize is that what is shown there is the "Device Display Name" value.  So (guessing) the default is to use the model for "Device Display Name" and if you assign a custom name there then you won't see the model, unless the name you want also includes the model.  I think the model should be shown independently of the "Device Display Name" value.

azrobert

Use OBi Expert see the model of your device. To enter OBi Expert from the Dashboard click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBixxx then select OBi Expert Config, confirm and select Enter OBi Expert.

Click on Status then System Status. The model is listed under Product Information.

richfell

Quote from: azrobert on May 25, 2018, 09:16:02 AM
Use OBi Expert see the model of your device. To enter OBi Expert from the Dashboard click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBixxx then select OBi Expert Config, confirm and select Enter OBi Expert.

Click on Status then System Status. The model is listed under Product Information.

Yep, it's there.  One thing though...

Quote from: azrobert on May 25, 2018, 09:16:02 AM
... click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBixxx then select...

There is no OBixxx next to that icon on my screen because I set my own name for the "Device Display Name" property.  Which is why it does not display my model on the dashboard.  I could change the display name that I wanted to also include the model but, still, IMHO the model should be displayed on the dashboard independent of the "Device Display Name" setting.