News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New to Obihai canot recieve calls

Started by pyaden39, September 12, 2018, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyaden39

Added Anveo thinking this would fix the problem. Still cannot receive a call or make the phone ring. Calls out just fine. My dashboard says this SP1  OBi   Anveo   Registered
Tried making this work through Google Voice couldnt get it to work by itself originally. Keep reading about turning on Google Chat.....there is no Google Chat on any of my pages. Very Frustrated!!AM I missing some information here somewhere.

SteveInWA

Well, what you are missing, is describing all the steps you took that worked and/or didn't work, leading up to your current state.

You have to troubleshoot this from the beginning.  Did you successfully add the OBi device to an OBiTALK portal account (http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev)?  If you tried and failed, exactly what happened?  What happens if you pick up the attached phone and dial **9 222 222 222?  You should hear a message that says "Welcome to OBiTALK...."

drgeoff

Quote from: pyaden39 on September 12, 2018, 05:37:36 PM
Tried making this work through Google Voice couldnt get it to work by itself originally. Keep reading about turning on Google Chat.....there is no Google Chat on any of my pages. Very Frustrated!!AM I missing some information here somewhere.
Google Chat is gone and is not coming back. Any instructions which mention ticking that box are out of date.

A_Friend

Quote from: pyaden39 on September 12, 2018, 05:37:36 PM
Added Anveo thinking this would fix the problem. Still cannot receive a call or make the phone ring. Calls out just fine. My dashboard says this SP1  OBi   Anveo   Registered
When you dial your number, does it sound like it's ringing?  Or are you getting a busy signal or error message?

If you pick up your phone when you're calling it, do you just get a dial tone, while the calling phone still sounds like the call is ringing?

Is this an Obi202?