Very disappointing Obihai support / incoming GV calls ring once then dropped

Started by Dobs, May 06, 2018, 05:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobs

Is there still an Obihai support department?  I called their Campbell number twice.  Both times the calls went to voicemail.  I left messages but no one called back.  About a week later (and a week ago), I opened a support ticket through the obitalk.com support link.  I haven't received a response.

Can anyone suggest what might be the cause of my problem with Google Voice?  Outgoing calls are fine.  Incoming calls are dropped intermittently after a single ring.  The caller hears a single ring and then fast busy.  I've done a factory reset and double-checked the setting within Google Voice.  Thinking it might be a problem with the Panasonic cordless phone system connected to the Obi200, I connected a corded phone. This made no difference.

Graham

Dobs

Thanks for the link, Steve.

I checked the legacy screen within Google Voice and it says "Forwards calls to:  OBiTALK Device -" so I must have firmware that supports the new GV changes.

Made a test call there and unfortunately, there was no change:  I was dropped after the first ring.

Graham

SteveInWA

I would recommend just starting completely over from scratch.

Two things to be aware of:

• If you did any sort of customization to disable or block OBiTALK provisioning, you will not be able to set up Google Voice until you revert back to the system defaults.
  • If your router has SPI-ALG ENabled, it needs to be DISabled.

Dobs

I finally got around to doing a factory reset/set up of GV from scratch.  Same problem :-(

ALG is disabled and I don't have any customization to disable or block OBiTALK provisioning.

I'd like to rule out faulty hardware.  It's still under warranty.  How do I get support? Any Obihai employees monitor this forum?  As I said above, I've called twice and opened a support ticket and have had absolutely no response.  Very frustrating and disappointing!

Is there still an Obihai support department now Polycom has bought Obihai?

Graham

drgeoff

Quote from: Dobs on May 22, 2018, 03:51:45 PM
Is there still an Obihai support department now Polycom has bought Obihai?
It is questionable whether Obihai had a support department worthy of the name even before the Polycom acquisition.  :(

As to whether they still have one, the responses you have not received do not, judging by other posts, appear to be unique.  I think that answers your question.

KC512

I am on the latest firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) with my OBI 200.
A couple weeks ago, started getting many calls with one ring on Google Voice port. Could not answer calls, although could place calls fine.
I see where many people solved this problem by removing the device from the Obi Dashboard, Doing a Factory Reset of the Obi device, deleting the Google Voice apps, Adding the device back, and then Adding Google Voice service.

I tried this and it still does not ring more than once on incoming calls. The only number that Google Voice forwards to is the Obitalk Device. The older "Google Chat" was replaced a few weeks ago by the following:
  OBiTALK Device - 510228395
sip:.....===@obihai.sip.google.com

The call to the test number 222-222-222 works fine, as do calls to other phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my 90-year-old mother uses this number to call me and it is not currently working.
Thank you.
Kurt

SteveInWA

First:  modify or delete your post, to remove the SIP information.

Second:  regardless of what you may have tried, refer to this post, and follow every step, in order, not skipping or second-guessing any step:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

KC512

Re: "Second:  regardless of what you may have tried, refer to this post, and follow every step, in order, not skipping or second-guessing any step:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076"

This is the exact procedure I followed.

After further testing, it appears that Google Voice is forwarding the call to my cell phone service provider, even though that has been disabled in Google Voice. The voicemail message I get when I call the GV number is the same as when i call my cell phone number.

I know this is probably out of your area of expertise, but is there a way to get Google to fix this problem? Or are you aware of a workaround? Will removing the Cell #, and adding it back fix it?

UPDATE: I removed the cell phone from Google Voice and added it back. It now works properly. The incoming phone calls ring until the home phone is answered and the cell phone can be turned off.

Thank you for all your help.
Kurt

SteveInWA

Good work troubleshooting!  Thanks for circling back with that information.