Google Voice configuration is "Finniky" / SP2 a different codec/ring profile?

Started by filtermobile, June 01, 2018, 04:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filtermobile

For the past month now, OBI talk registration for GV has been acting weird.  First it started with my OBI110, I have at my friend's with his google account.  It quit working, I since came to find out that GV seems to have switched to a "TLS" encrypted connection (correct me if I'm wrong), and since the 110 is no longer supported, OBI / Polycom isn't releasing any more firmware updates, so, unless there is a custom one, I can't use the 110 for GV anymore? (Please let me know if anyone knows of a solution).  I've heard there's a way to even JTAG old vonage stuff I found in the dumpster, to run a local TR-069 server and write a local TFTP to get it to work even with GV, there's got to be a way, I just don't have time.

Just tonight, the Obi202 I bought, I was changing a "ring profile" setting in the OBI Expert configuration, and noticed (just SP2) that SP2 uses "Codec Profile B" (1,3, and 4 do not).  I have had trouble with getting faxes on my OBI, but when using the SP3 number that runs on the 2nd port (1,4 - Phone 1 ; 2,3 - Phone 2).  Phone 2 is connected to my phone 2 port.  When I try to change the ring profile for SP2 (my fax number) to normal ring, and the normal codec as SP1,SP2, and SP4 are - GV goes bats*&% and says "Registration Not Required". 

After deleting my device, all the GV accounts, factory reset, re-adding it, and re-registering all 4 GV numbers, it works... phew.  However, I'm afraid to try to fix SP2, I don't want the "distinctive ringing" and possible codec B issue messing with my data communications, but it's better than nothing.  I thought the OBI expert settings (at least the ones that don't have to do with the SIP and server settings) don't effect GV, any idea what's going on?

Furthermore, I can't log into my OBI202 locally anymore, it says "HTTP not found", not "404" as if it were not connecting at all... any ideas on what happened?  Is OBItalk taking over all configuration now?

Any ideas on this issue please let me know.  If you know how to get the 110 to work with GV again, all the better :)

Thanks,
-Rob

RFC3261

Quote from: filtermobile on June 01, 2018, 04:37:36 AM
Furthermore, I can't log into my OBI202 locally anymore, it says "HTTP not found", not "404" as if it were not connecting at all... any ideas on what happened? 
By default the OBI202 will not respond to requests on the WAN port (it was originally intended to be used as a gateway with QoS for the voice traffic, and you would not want it responding over the Internet).  To allow it to respond on the WAN port you have to go into expert mode, navigate through system_management/device_admin and check "AccessFromWan" (and then submit).
If you know how to get the 110 to work with GV again, all the better :)
There is no solution for the EoL/EoS OBi1xx series from Obihai/Polycom ("he's dead, Jim").  It is possible (but not yet assured) that there will be a 3rd party intermediary solution that will survive the other changes GV is in progress of making this month (which will be terminating the XMPP connection capability used in the past, and has been announced to start on, or about, June 18th), but you would need to ask that third party as to the current prognosis.  And, of course, there are also many other VoIP providers that one can use with, or instead of, GV.

azrobert

You can share one of the GV trunks on the OBi202 with the OBi110 by using the OBiTalk network to route calls between the 2 devices. The following will share GV defined on SP1.

OBi202

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,pp(200222222)

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{200222222:sp1},{ph}

Replace 200222222 with the OBi number of the OBi110

OBi110

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
The 1st rule is: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}
Change it to: {(<510111111*>(Msp1)):pp}

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

Replace 510111111 with OBi number of the OBi202

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

Edit:

Any number dialed on the OBi110 that matches the SP1 digit map will be routed to GV defined on the OBi202 SP1.

Inbound calls on the OBi202 SP1 will be routed to phone port 1 on both the OBi202 and the OBi110.